Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac 2006 STS-V
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Included some pics of D3's stuff. You will notice that you don't see the programmer. I had to send back the one I had with the 1.5 tune since the box fell off of the mount point and was resting next to the exhaust pipe causing the box to warp and fry out the box. My car all of a sudden started shifting all crazy, loss of power, check engine light.

D3 was great to deal with, I must have called them 50 times over the next couple of days until we found out what the check engine light was about. They then quickly mailed me back a replacement box, which I have to go pick up from FEDEX on monday. They took every call and where nothing but polite, once again a testament to their shop. Just make sure when you install your programmer boxes with the tape that you properly prep the area, or drill some holes and bolt it in on the wheel well.

I cut up the stock intake cover in an attempt to make it fit and quite down the supercharger and intake whine. I do love the sound, but after a 5 hour drive I got tired of the noise. I also had a set of the euro taillamps installed to give the car just a little bit different look than the other V's out there, plus they talked me into it! I am acquiring another cover since after cutting up one, I know how to better cut another to look better. D3 is also coming out with a good looking cover, but I have not seen it yet!

Well, rims, and brakes and stage 2 to come later!

Attachments

·
Registered
Cadillac STS V '06
129 Posts
Thanks for the picures! Keep us posted on the 1/4 mile time with the new setup. I am eager to hear what it will run now.

·
Registered
Cadillac 2006 STS-V
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the one day that I was going to run, one of the fans had a couple of retaining screws fall out, and was in for service. They just had an event tonight, but at 10:00pm it was still 98 degrees outside, so I just decided to not bother. There is another run in two weeks, and the weather is supposed to drop off to the low 80s at night or maybe even the high 70's. I will try to run then.

Sorry, but that is vegas for you!

·
Registered
~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~
1,749 Posts
I am acquiring another cover since after cutting up one, I know how to better cut another to look better. D3 is also coming out with a good looking cover, but I have not seen it yet!
D3,,, what is the status of your engine cover? Do you atleast have a prototype photo to share?

hodgeee1,,,, how did you make out on the second design, can you please post a photo. :)

·
Registered
Cadillac 2006 STS-V
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Second attempt at the cover didn't look any better thant he first, quited it down about 10% When driving normal the sound is hardly ever there just when stepping on it, or when you set the cruise control to 120mph on your drive home to vegas from LA:lildevil::devil::cookoo:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts