Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
cts-v
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple of ?'s about this kit. How much power will it make if any over the stock supercharger? How much power did D3's Cts-v make with this supercharger? How much does it cost and is it available for overnight shipping? I asked in another thread and never got answer.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
816 Posts
I have a couple of ?'s about this kit. How much power will it make if any over the stock supercharger? How much power did D3's Cts-v make with this supercharger? How much does it cost and is it available for overnight shipping? I asked in another thread and never got answer.
Didn't they use a 3.6L KB on their car?

It would have a ton more power potential than the stock blower and like you I'd like to hear answers to the other questions you asked. The first shop that makes a reasonably priced kit for a KB or Whipple twin-screw for my "V" will get my $$$.

·
Banned
2009 CTS-V, 2007 Z06
2,843 Posts
It will make a bunch more power more efficiently over your stock S/C. How much, we don't know yet as it has not been release. It's not available for over night, since it looks like you have to have them instal it.... Good luck and have fun. Wanting to get into the 8's eh? :)

Did you get your tranny worked on yet?

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
I would be interested in knowing as well. Hopefully, they will see the thread and reply. You may have to speak to them directly to get specifics and pricing.

You may already know this was on their site. Since it is only available for install at their facility, I would assume the price of $9,995 for the 2.8L includes install.

http://www.d3cadillac.com/news/latest-news/d3-ultracharger-systems-for-cts-v

I am assuming there is alot more to this than just slapping it on and tuning. I know 600 is forged but what about trans being the week link.

I will wait a bit until these kits are out and been in service for a while.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Didn't they use a 3.6L KB on their car?

It would have a ton more power potential than the stock blower and like you I'd like to hear answers to the other questions you asked. The first shop that makes a reasonably priced kit for a KB or Whipple twin-screw for my "V" will get my $$$.
Someone needs to make a bullet proof trans to handle this.

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
Just slapping on a 2.8 KB on the existing motor (no other significant changes) probably won't yield you much of anything, save for low IATs. I believe the camshaft would be woefully saturated with such a large supercharger on it. Anyone opting for this giant supercharger should expect massive/significant changes, if not a complete engine switch (427 anyone?).

Magnasun has a nice 2300 supercharger, which, in my opinion, would be the next logical step.

A 2.8 KB? Good grief...that's just gigantic...

·
Registered
cts-v
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just slapping on a 2.8 KB on the existing motor (no other significant changes) probably won't yield you much of anything, save for low IATs. I believe the camshaft would be woefully saturated with such a large supercharger on it. Anyone opting for this giant supercharger should expect massive/significant changes, if not a complete engine switch (427 anyone?).

Magnasun has a nice 2300 supercharger, which, in my opinion, would be the next logical step.

A 2.8 KB? Good grief...that's just gigantic...
The 2300 Magnason is a waste of money compared to the stock blower. I dought it would make more power than the stock blower. A 2.8 KB is far from to big on a 6.2 litre motor. I know guys running bigger blowers than that on Mustangs with smaller cubes. I would actually like a 3.6 or bigger but it seems like you have to modify your hood to make it fit. I am not changing my hood so the 3.6 is out of the question.

·
Banned
2009 CTS-V, 2007 Z06
2,843 Posts
I would be interested in knowing as well. Hopefully, they will see the thread and reply. You may have to speak to them directly to get specifics and pricing.

You may already know this was on their site. Since it is only available for install at their facility, I would assume the price of $9,995 for the 2.8L includes install.

http://www.d3cadillac.com/news/latest-news/d3-ultracharger-systems-for-cts-v

I am assuming there is alot more to this than just slapping it on and tuning. I know 600 is forged but what about trans being the week link.

I will wait a bit until these kits are out and been in service for a while.
I wonder if that price includes install?

Someone needs to make a bullet proof trans to handle this.
Circle D ;)

or it looks like D3 makes em too....

·
Banned
2009 CTS-V, 2007 Z06
2,843 Posts
I wanna see there turbo charged car....

at least one shop has tried it and nothing came about.... who volunteers to be the first.... ;)

Has D3 even done this mod yet? I know they have done the others....

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
The 2300 Magnason is a waste of money compared to the stock blower. I dought it would make more power than the stock blower.
Please explain that comment

A 2.8 KB is far from to big on a 6.2 litre motor. I know guys running bigger blowers than that on Mustangs with smaller cubes. I would actually like a 3.6 or bigger but it seems like you have to modify your hood to make it fit. I am not changing my hood so the 3.6 is out of the question.
With the stock cam and heads? Please point me to a single person who did that...

And I bet you are correct in that it would require a change to the hood---or drop the motor with a change in motor mounts...or, perhaps, a combination of the two

·
Banned
2009 CTS-V, 2007 Z06
2,843 Posts
I heard they were going to try and make the 3.6 fit with out any hood mods..... but I just heard that.. not sure if they will..... I wanna see the dyno's for all of those new mod packages they have.... Want to see them actually run, and not just an ad.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
I heard they were going to try and make the 3.6 fit with out any hood mods..... but I just heard that.. not sure if they will..... I wanna see the dyno's for all of those new mod packages they have.... Want to see them actually run, and not just an ad.
Ditto on that comment! Before I drop that kind of cash, I need some to be convinced there will be no issues down the road.
Personally, I am at a point where my car will become uncivil, if I add more power. I want to enjoy getting into it everyday,
without worrying about issues developing. IMO

·
Banned
2009 CTS-V, 2007 Z06
2,843 Posts
Ditto on that comment! Before I drop that kind of cash, I need some to be convinced there will be no issues down the road.
Personally, I am at a point where my car will become uncivil, if I add more power. I want to enjoy getting into it everyday,
without worrying about issues developing. IMO
I agree. I mean I can do the math in stuff and put parts together and say they make x hp, but lets see the results, and real day to day driving.... I mean as anyone out there that cruizes the forums you know there are big hp builds out there and it there are always issues.... lets see these sexy beasts in action :)

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
816 Posts
A 2.8L Blower is far from too big for our motors (I'm upgrading my 2.3 Whipple with a 2.8H KB on my 4.6L Cobra motor right now). Personally, I think a 3.6L KB might be a perfect match for our cars. I know the shop that assembled the top end of my Cobra motor has been putting those on the SRT8 Mopars for a while now with good results. Unfortunately, none of these blowers would likely fit under the stock hood on a "V".

Even with no changes to the motor, a twin-screw should yield worthwhile gains. Less drag spinning the blower (for given boost level), cooler IAT2's and the ability to efficiently spin it up to 20+ psi would yield big #'s. I'd guess engine and trans. durability would become real concerns at this point though.

Not exactly apples to apples, but years ago with no other changes on my Cobra switching from the stock 1.8L Eaton to a 2.3 Whipple yielded ~100 more rwhp at only 2 more psi:

·
Registered
Tuner car fanatic..there all good!
1,142 Posts
D3 will def get you performance numbers and answers on delivery options and costs.

1 - 20 of 149 Posts