Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
CTS-V coupe. ATS-V sedan
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one in here using the d3 9.5 lower pulley kit? or heard good/bad things about them? thanks.

·
Banned
2009 CTS-V, 2007 Z06
2,843 Posts
besides them not being SFI approved and being expensive that's about it. There are a few out there.... D3 will tell you it's superior to all others, but offer no proof. They are proud of their products though so can you blame them? They look really cool, if they were in a location you could see them better I'd get one, or if you like a really expensive paperweight I'd get one. Other then that I'd buy one of the Metco or other SFI approved companies IMO.....

·
Registered
CTS-V coupe. ATS-V sedan
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just did a search on it and found a heated debate about that (9 pages). sorry if im bringing up any bad memorys. not sfi? their web site says other wise.

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
Despite the rants/hatred from others, it works perfectly; don't let the haters fool you.

·
Registered
1958 Coupe DeVille
591 Posts
From what I've heard, they have a very good reputation. I have plans for some major work in the not to distant future and I am giving them some serious consideration. I just wish they or someone that knows what there doing had their business a little closer to me. I live near the central coast of Ca. and know of know one in this area. If I lived in L.A. area, no brainer. Cecil..............

·
Banned
2009 CTS-V, 2007 Z06
2,843 Posts
i just did a search on it and found a heated debate about that (9 pages). sorry if im bringing up any bad memorys. not sfi? their web site says other wise.
Their website says it is but sfi site does not say they are and also when you get it there is no stamp or sticker.... Yeah there is a lot of debate on them. They make some sweet stuff. I like it. I
Not a hater of them. I just get frustrated with them due to lack of data to back their claims.

If your in the central coast of Cali do u mean like near Pismo? Santa Maria? Etc... I can't remember where the shop was but I thought there was one.....

·
Registered
2009 cts-v
534 Posts
Just my opinion and sort of off topic. D3 makes some cool products. I cant think of any other company offering more V specific parts. I love the "looks" of their intake system($395 on ebay)! Can I afford any other part they make, No. Do they make awesome looking(radiator, intercooler, lid spacer,differential cooler,intake) parts, yes. Again just my opinion.
Ross

·
Banned
2009 CTS-V, 2007 Z06
2,843 Posts
Just my opinion and sort of off topic. D3 makes some cool products. I cant think of any other company offering more V specific parts. I love the "looks" of their intake system($395 on ebay)! Can I afford any other part they make, No. Do they make awesome looking(radiator, intercooler, lid spacer,differential cooler,intake) parts, yes. Again just my opinion.
Ross
yeah I so agree, awesome looking parts!

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V, 2009 535i
1,840 Posts
From what I've heard, they have a very good reputation. I have plans for some major work in the not to distant future and I am giving them some serious consideration. I just wish they or someone that knows what there doing had their business a little closer to me. I live near the central coast of Ca. and know of know one in this area. If I lived in L.A. area, no brainer. Cecil..............
Charlie at RPM motors is up in the Valencia area, about what, an hour and change closer to you? Double that in traffic o'course. Luna and many other LS-heads can vouch for him I'm sure.

At one time the Mears bros. had a race shop in their home town of Bakersfield. I thought I had heard many years ago they were doing street mods as well; might be worth looking in to...

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Charlie at RPM motors is up in the Valencia area, about what, an hour and change closer to you? Double that in traffic o'course. Luna and many other LS-heads can vouch for him I'm sure.
Yeah, I do not believe you'd be disappointed with Charlie at RPM Motors. I've been working with him for over 6 years now (both A&A Corvette and RPM Motors) and he can work LS-motors pretty friggin good. He's got pretty much everything he needs on site. He's about, say, 10 minutes from Magic Mountain. If you are coming from central CA, it could (more like is :)) about 2+ hours closer than D3. Traffic not present in the LA area is really only possible in the middle of the night

·
Registered
CTS-V coupe. ATS-V sedan
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
they have a great web site wish more venders had sites were you can view all the products. went on w4m site you cant look at anything just contact info.

·
Registered
CTS-V coupe. ATS-V sedan
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
if any one from d3 is on here please chim in. i have no problem spending the extra money if its worth it. dont have much else to compare to. love the fact they specialize on cadillac

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles
3,435 Posts
I'd say sometime this week & I should be ready to go. :)
James:
Are you upping the ante on the dyno or on the track? I'm too chicken to race, we all know that, & besides, I'm still stone stock, but I can line you up head to head with some turbo Buicks running from about mid '10's & up, & we do have a couple of very low '10's but they might be set up for the track only. Quite a few will be down at Fontana Friday, 03-04-2011 for some 1/4 mile racing. Racing is sponsored & held by Alternative motoring but might be sold out. I think $130 to run all day. And I believe that only 80 or so cars will be signed.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
James:
Are you upping the ante on the dyno or on the track? I'm too chicken to race, we all know that, & besides, I'm still stone stock, but I can line you up head to head with some turbo Buicks running from about mid '10's & up, & we do have a couple of very low '10's but they might be set up for the track only. Quite a few will be down at Fontana Friday, 03-04-2011 for some 1/4 mile racing. Racing is sponsored & held by Alternative motoring but might be sold out. I think $130 to run all day. And I believe that only 80 or so cars will be signed.
Upping the ante from the perspective of more rwhp/rwtq, initially on the dyno (both hub and roller), & doing so, hopefully, with less strain on certain parts. Nothing crazy by any means, but about the max one could use for the street (which has been my goal from minute one)--hell, probably more than the max for the street, but...

I'm skeptical about the track at the moment, as I'll certainly have a 10-sec car, but no cage is installed, which I've seen cause some problems at some events.

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles
3,435 Posts
Upping the ante from the perspective of more rwhp/rwtq, initially on the dyno (both hub and roller), & doing so, hopefully, with less strain on certain parts. Nothing crazy by any means, but about the max one could use for the street (which has been my goal from minute one)--hell, probably more than the max for the street, but...

I'm skeptical about the track at the moment, as I'll certainly have a 10-sec car, but no cage is installed, which I've seen cause some problems at some events.
Most, but not all, of the turbo Buicks that I hang with are well dressed & heeled street cars with no roll bar or cages. That's the only kool & classy way to leave a track is to be told that you can't run anymore or asked to leave. You just tell them that you are going to restrain the cAr to 11.5 or whatever and forget too. That is going to be a good track day though.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts