Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
All Escalade Premiums, '16 ESV, '13 ESV, '10 EXT
617 Posts
Although LED has come a LONG way my guess is that it will have horrible light output. As it is the factory Platinum headlights have less output than our HIDs and that's with a quite large LED array. I would be interested out of pure curiosity to see how they perform. Overall I don't see the point, even if the output is acceptable it will likely under perform vs D1S, it will not have any kind of improved aesthetic like the OEM LED assemblies especially being that the output is already white, and energy savings in a gas engine powered system are not relevant. I guess these are cheaper than an OEM D1S replacement, but even a knock off D1S is likely to perform better

·
Registered
ESV
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tend to agree just curious if anyone tried them particularly with respect to light pattern.

Stu

·
Registered
2008 Escalade
311 Posts
I don't trust any lighting/electronics shipping from Hong Kong. Some real crap comes from there and it's a safety risk when it comes to your headlights. You can get 6000k (white) Philips D1S bulbs for $150-$200. Not much more than the LED kit you posted and its OEM quality. Worth the extra money in my opinion.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I bought replacement Philips bulbs as well, and they were great. On some occasions, the right bulb would not fire up, but that was due to a bad ballast.

·
Registered
1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade
1,243 Posts
Keep the factory its nice, since I changed both housings to new ones it looks nice. I had a accident and they replace the right hosing and the left was dimmer so I had to buy the left one and now it looks sharp. I changed the park and DRL to leds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts