Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after struggling on wether or not to install a sound system in my STS, i finally broke down and am doing a system in the car. Im doing a custom box in the spare tire well. I began fiberglassing the spare tire well today. I have a "crude pic" here, its from a camera phone, but the step by step process will be in full detail once its done.
The system will consist of a kicker comp vr 18" sub, and the jbl bp1200.1 amp, all fully hidden and full use of the trunk, via false floor! I'll keep you all updated!!
Frank

p.s. i know the tire well looks like a toilet, so dont remind me!! LOL :crying2:

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pic of the 18" sub installed in spare tire well

Here is a low res pic again of the 18" sitting in the spare tirewell. Next on the agenda is making the false floor and "hidden" storage compartments.
Frank

Attachments

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Re: Pic of the 18" sub installed in spare tire well

not bad keep up the good work! , For the false floor think about cutting into it and making a big whole over the sub and then filling that with 1/4inch thick plexiglass, youll get the ability of the fake floor, but still get people to notice your sub!

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Re: Pic of the 18" sub installed in spare tire well

LOL!!!
You were reading my mind. I was gonna say it looks like a toilet rough-in.

That sure oughta rumble!

I hope you don't get any water in the trunk. Isn't that the low-point of the compartment?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys, just to answer a few questions:
1)Low point of the car? Yes it is, but i recently had my trunk water leaked fixed by the dealer, so it doesnt leak a drop, so i dont need to worry about that.

2) spare tire? With the free roadside assistance and a can of fix a flat, im pretty comfortable driving without a spare!

3) Plexiglass option? I dont want anyone to see the equipment, i want it as hidden as it can be. Thats why im looking for breathable carpeting that will match the factory carpeting.
Frank

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Golden........ :D

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
ultravorx said:
3) Plexiglass option? I dont want anyone to see the equipment, i want it as hidden as it can be. Thats why im looking for breathable carpeting that will match the factory carpeting.
Frank
well don't you put your trunk carpet on top of it? which means it will be covered. I say you go all out get a lexan/plexi glass from your hardware store and get some custom laser etching done.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
You have a bigger subwoofer than I do rims!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
2 15"

thas gonna sound real nice I just put in my 2 15" subs in the back of my pearl white STS. I keep the spare in my room to remind me never to get a flat. Just always remember the 2 s's Sound before Safty.

Alex

·
Registered
6 Posts
Re: 2 15

its always good to have a spare. Sometimes you cant call the assit company or and also they will ask you if u have the spare tire for them to install. If not then they gotta tow it. I been without a spare tire before I learned to always keep that sucker in there. Tires can magically explode!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
9 Participants
E36Cad