Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
49 Posts
A month ago I got the creative steel shifter and I love it. I paired it with a 2.3lbs metal shift knob with a custom purple paint. For the record, the heavy shift knob is very nice with the CS shifter. I then gave the shifter a black brushed steel finish. May not be everyone's taste, but I feel the shifter is one spot where any manual owner gets a pass to go wild (within practical reason). Let me know what you guys think!

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
351 Posts
Looks good!

I went with a 1 7/8" McMaster Carr solid brass knob myself.

I need to get off my duff and powder coat the stalk on my CS shifter to a gloss black myself.

-Byron

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I actually remember hearing you say that you went with the McMaster Carr knob on another thread haha. They are pretty cheap though and you can now paint it however you want. What weight are those? Gloss black will look real good.

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
351 Posts
Thanks! I actually remember hearing you say that you went with the McMaster Carr knob on another thread haha. They are pretty cheap though and you can now paint it however you want. What weight are those? Gloss black will look real good.
The brass one is ~ a kg shipped, best answer I can give off the top of my head.

I am wanting to do gloss black knob with a Cadillac grey powder coating on the shaft, but may end up doing a dark Navy blue to match my new wheel from Keith.

-Byron

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Escalade, 2014 F150
1 Posts
I honestly don't remember how much he charged. $600 -650 ish.

He does use a core though, so pull a base model wheel and send that to avoid down time.

-Byron

Excuse my ignorance as I am new to this site. (i think this is my first post!) But, what Facebook page are you referring to. I will be looking for a V1 in the next few months and I will definetely want to get one of these wheels. Looks great!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts