Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok I've got paint chips on the back bumper and now the entire driver's side has been keyed pretty bad, so this might be an excuse to get a paint job. I need a color that would match what I've done to it, which is v-grill, clear fogs and sides, and polished aluminum rims. The light platinum goes great with these, but the imperfections in the paint are annoying the hell out of me and I'm not paying lots of money to fix it. Which means I could get a custom paint job, which would have to be a custom color of course.

I'm thinking some sort of blue, I really like the stock dark blue color but I won't get a stock color, so it would be something similar but a shade different enough to notice it's unique. Add a pearl coat, how does a midnight blue + a pearl coat sound?

My other idea is more of an eye catcher, it's "Kandy Oriental Blue" by House of Kandy shown in the picture below. It's a little less classy but I think it looks amazing, what do you think about that? It would be expensive though that's for sure.

Give me your thoughts, opinions, criticism..

Attachments

·
Registered
Cadillac
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and I wouldn't be able to do this for a long time, I'm just planning in advance because it's fun to plan it out.

·
Registered
Cadillac
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I could black out the v-grill, but I don't know how the matte black would look with my polished aluminum rims.

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
that looks pretty good also...but i like the satin black a lot better

·
Registered
Cadillac
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ehh not really a fan of two tone. I can appreciate it but I wouldn't choose it, I like a solid color.

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
me too, if i planned on keeping my car i'd do the satin black, gonna have to wait until i find a V.
i figure a matte/satin paint job wouldn't probably run too much.

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
that damn satin black up there just looks so damn good...

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
i like that, but to me that is more for a "Car Show" color...just my opinion on that color...but it is a nice color

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
i like it too, probably almost any candy paint color would look good. however, on a daily driver i would be paranoid,if you stress about the factory paint like i do, it's going to be twice as hard to match rock chips exspecially with a three stage pearl. there was/is a member here that custom painted his cts with a scratch resistant clear, i'd look into that before spending 2-3k+ on a paint job.
just my opinion.

i've had my bumpers and panels repainted so many times now from chips and door dings/mystery scrapes i should have just let them all accumulate into one ugly mess then gone custom paint(could have probably painted my car twice over by now, considering all the body add ons i've gotten painted too). but as soon as i see something i'm at the paint shop the next day lol.

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
copper sunburst

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
there is a 05 with i think 50-60 km on it for sale in ontario for $15000 i think....its been for sale for a long time, i think i actually saw it on repo-depo and someone bought it and is now trying to sell it... good luck... its been flotin around for about a year now..
avoid the blue.
what about doing a black with a lot of red perl... i think that would look amazing. or the satin black

·
Registered
Cadillac
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yea considering that this is my daily driver and I'm still in college with the associated lifestyles, a candy paint might not be a reasonable choice. Let's face it, it's going to get scratched and chipped..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts