Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Brougham d'Elegance, 1985 Fleetwood Brougham *Coupe*
4,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had these locking wirewheel hubcaps from my Buick donor car, and liked how they look more aggressive than Cadillac wire wheel hubcaps; the simulated center nut also makes them look more authentic.

I preyed one of the emblems out, and found that it is just a piece of printed plastic, glued to the center cap.

I had these hubcap emblems lying around, and decided to put them to good use. There is a fifth one, so I might get another Buick hubcap and make one for my full sized spare.

I just spayed over the Buick centers with Dupli-Color touch up paint. This picture makes the centers look wrinkled for some reason, but they really aren't (I think the glue was still drying). Also, the emblems aren't exactly centered, so I may take them apart an re-due them someday.

And before anyone says anything about whitewalls; I know - I have a set, but haven't put them on yet (this is my '85, and it don't run, so tires aren't a concern).

·
Registered
87 Brougham, 1969 Calais, 95 FWB, 07 SRX, 07 ESV
4,246 Posts
cool quick little project. Looks good :)

Going to shine up the hub caps and maybe paint the backing plate?

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,737 Posts
How to clean a hub cap; wait for the wife to be gone 2 hours and stack 2 in the dish washer. Then 2 more. You can get Cadillac crest vinyl decals in close to that diameter to go on the cap center via EBAY.

·
Registered
1990 Brougham, 1990 Brougham d'elgance 1979 Coupe
1,196 Posts
How to clean a hub cap; wait for the wife to be gone 2 hours and stack 2 in the dish washer. Then 2 more. You can get Cadillac crest vinyl decals in close to that diameter to go on the cap center via EBAY.
I thought wives were the dishwasher, mabey that's why I don't have one or both, Im confused..

Nice little project.

·
Registered
1989 Brougham d'Elegance, 1985 Fleetwood Brougham *Coupe*
4,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool quick little project. Looks good :)

Going to shine up the hub caps and maybe paint the backing plate?
I will definitely give them a good cleaning and shine them up.

I never thought about painting the backing plate, but I get into it enough to take the a part, I would probably just paint the back gloss black. These are primarily going to be used on the Coupe, so I could paint the back plate body color, but the Coupe has a Corinthian Blue *Firemist* paint job and I don't think I can find that in rattle cans.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts