Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Cadillac Eldorado Sport Coupe 4.6L Northstar "Y"
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i dont know why i didnt think of this idea before but you can very easily remove the lens and housing from the assembly and apply your own custom setup. Here is a video for an example (the headlight assembly is NOT cadillac, this is only an example!)

Now this company actually sells these halo rings for an arm and a leg, so here's what i have found to be a cheaper solution. (eBay to the rescue.)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Car-Angel-Eye-Lights-Headlight-CCFL-Halo-Ring-Blue-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem20b78d0135QQitemZ14051 8424885QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

Hope this helps everyone out that always wondered what kind of headlight setup they can do, cause we all know... nobody makes premades for our cars :(

·
Registered
1993 Cadillac Eldorado Sport Coupe 4.6L Northstar "Y"
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I just found out that this company AAC will actually let you ship your headlights to them, they will paint housing and add the lighting, etc. Now this comes with a hefty charge, but if you dont want to do it yourself and have the money to get it done... why not? it would be under a warranty as well if they do it for you! Also let me know if anyone likes this idea... i know alot of members on here in these forums ask alot of questions about modifying e36 bmw headlights into a eldorado/sts, i just think this might be a godsend for that kind of expensive and frustrating experience.

·
1997 ETC
20 Posts
Ok so i dont know why i didnt think of this idea before but you can very easily remove the lens and housing from the assembly and apply your own custom setup. Here is a video for an example (the headlight assembly is NOT cadillac, this is only an example!)

Now this company actually sells these halo rings for an arm and a leg, so here's what i have found to be a cheaper solution. (eBay to the rescue.)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Car-Angel-Eye-Lights-Headlight-CCFL-Halo-Ring-Blue-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem20b78d0135QQitemZ14051 8424885QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

Hope this helps everyone out that always wondered what kind of headlight setup they can do, cause we all know... nobody makes premades for our cars :(
Is this still an active thread? Because I'm definitely wanting to do something with the headlights on my 97 ETC, but I haven't the slightest idea where to start. I've literally never owned a car that I couldn't find aftermarket assemblies for

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,423 Posts
The last reply and last member login was 9 years ago, so I would assume the thread is dead and that there are no "custom" headlight assemblies for the cars.

What do you want to do with a 1997 ETC headlight assembly ?

Looks OK as-is .........

·
1997 ETC
20 Posts
The last reply and last member login was 9 years ago, so I would assume the thread is dead and that there are no "custom" headlight assemblies for the cars.

What do you want to do with a 1997 ETC headlight assembly ?

Looks OK as-is .........

Lol, yeah I pretty much assumed that- but I'm attempting to find answers that are already in the forum instead of constantly creating new threads, and was hoping SOMEBODY would reply. This is the only thing I found about custom lights that wasn't diy.

And while I agree that they are ok as is, I want to give them a less dated look. Something as simple as a color match background and clear lense. The lights themselves are perfectly fine, and are even on par with my newer Mercedes S class in terms of output and visibility, so I'm not interested in converting anything.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,423 Posts
You want even better lights, polish the lenses with a kit from 3m, Mother's, Meguiar, CCP. Then install a set of PIAA Intense White 4100 bulbs. Do every bulb - all 4 corners - while you're in there. Reseal the trunk stud nuts with 3M body putty.

Why every bulb? Here's some incentive ...........

Taillight bulbs 2.JPG

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,254 Posts
if "modding" is your thing -
you bought the WRONG car -

·
1997 ETC
20 Posts
if "modding" is your thing -
you bought the WRONG car -
I'm not sure I'd consider only wanting to update the headlight housing as "modding", but either way, that's the only thing I even have a remote interest in changing. The ETC, in my opinion, is a beautiful car as is. Especially with the correct color scheme. With the exception of a CTS-V from around 2008, I wouldn't trade it for any other Cadillac. Or for just about any other car, for that matter. I'd just simply like color matched headlights. But since that's apparently not an option, I'm going to use sub's advice (thanks for that btw, sub) and then call it a day. She gets plenty of compliments already lol🤷🏼‍♂️

1 - 10 of 10 Posts