Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 XT5 / 18 CTS 3.6 AWD
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered these custom fit mats from Amazon.ca, also available on eBay. Paid $118 CDN for front and back.
I love these things they look great, fit perfectly, and are pretty well made. I bought a set of Tuxmats for my XT5, and the Tux mats are 3X the price, but are much more durable and ridged. I'm not sure how many Canadian winters these $118 versions straight from China will hold up. I've actually put over these a thing carpet mat to catch most of the wet slush and to try to preserve the look of these a bit.
The rear seat mats aren't here yet, they shipped separately and should arrive any day, I'll update when they arrive. In the photo online it had the old Caddy logo, was happy to see the new logo embroidered on it.
For the price these can't be beat, good value in my opinion. I like the look, looks very custom, and they cover literally every inch of carpet. After taking these pics I added a couple pieces of double sided carpet tape to some key areas to keep it tight against the taller parts like the sides and transmission tunnel.

20191227_165317.jpg 20191227_165236.jpg 20191227_165243.jpg 20191227_165230.jpg 20191227_165311.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered these custom fit mats from Amazon.ca, also available on eBay. Paid $118 CDN for front and back.
I love these things they look great, fit perfectly, and are pretty well made. I bought a set of Tuxmats for my XT5, and the Tux mats are 3X the price, but are much more durable and ridged. I'm not sure how many Canadian winters these $118 versions straight from China will hold up. I've actually put over these a thing carpet mat to catch most of the wet slush and to try to preserve the look of these a bit.
The rear seat mats aren't here yet, they shipped separately and should arrive any day, I'll update when they arrive. In the photo online it had the old Caddy logo, was happy to see the new logo embroidered on it.
For the price these can't be beat, good value in my opinion. I like the look, looks very custom, and they cover literally every inch of carpet. After taking these pics I added a couple pieces of double sided carpet tape to some key areas to keep it tight against the taller parts like the sides and transmission tunnel.

View attachment 576021 View attachment 576022 View attachment 576023 View attachment 576024 View attachment 576020
I'm looking at similar custom floor mats sold on ebay from China. They claim to be waterproof, wondering if you can confirm that?

·
Registered
18 XT5 / 18 CTS 3.6 AWD
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Well, not sure waterproof is possible for any mat, depends on your weakest link right. They are made out of vinyl type material and seem to be pretty darn resistant to water. I'm going through a good'ole Canadian winter now and so far so good. You can see by the gas peddle the gap right at the base. So of course if water flows that way it's going to get under it. But this would happen with almost any floor mat. My wife's XT5 has the Tuxmat version and she will literally get puddles collecting on the mat, so yes they hold water. I don't get puddles cause I don't let snow build up like that in my car. So for average use, I think they protect very well, and better than most other floor mats. Mine were from China mats as well. I still like them and they've been in use for a few months now. But I haven't pulled them up to see if the carpet is wet under them, don't think so, but too darn cold out to fiddle with them. Will lift them out and wash in March when it warns up a bit. I'd say if you dealing with a bit of rain type water then these will protect very well and doubt water will get under them. Puddles from snow.... every mat has a weak point with that.

People who get into my car comment on the mats how much they like them. Never had someone comment on a floor mat before so, they sure do look good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts