Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac Escalade EXT
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok.. I was looking over some posts and I am going to visit with some muffler shops over the next couple of days but i wanted to get some input.. What do you guys think would look better.. I am thinking I want a dual exit setup but cant decide if I should go dual out the side or straight out the back or if i should stay with the stokc setup and just go ut the passenger side.. here are 2 pictures of the dual exhaust.. 1 picture is a generic picture from teh gibson website that shows the exhaust out the sides.. and the other i pulled off the internet.. not sure where I got it.. so if it is someones truck thats on here sorry..

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I would never buy Gibson again, I have had several of their systems and they all failed at some point, and I do not keeps cars/trucks that long, maybe it's me. If you want duals look at Borla, if not for the 02's to 06's I would get Corsa, on the 07's I would get B&B or Corsa. JMO

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac Escalade EXT
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well im actually looking into a custom setup that a shop would make and just wanted ideas for how to let them make the exhaust exit..

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
4,414 Posts
I'd get the very 1st one to the pics

·
Registered
02 Escalade
298 Posts
I don't know about dual exhaust (out each side), it just seems so 'redneck' ?!?!
I think the dual sport (out the same side) is hard to beat!!
But that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Borla has a nice dual system for the 02's to 06's out each side, looked custom. All mine have been Corsa or B&B and they were side exit (out one side)

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V, 2010 EXT, former 09 CTS-V, 06 EXT, 05 CTS-V
76 Posts
so what did you do? i am thinking about doing dual out the back (under the bumper) from a custom shop as well. What is the verdict?

·
Registered
Cadillac - 02' Escalade
198 Posts
Nah I wouldn't go under the bumper but that's just me. I stuck to the single outlet(Flows) on the side. Yeah Borla, Corsa and B&B are badass but a little too much for my wallet. They basically do the same just different sound.

·
Registered
**2014 CTS4 Sport Wagon-Luxury**
2,043 Posts
some say you will lose torque going around the spare to come out the rear...I like the dual side outlet but I only got the single side outlet on my 2000...good luck.
Bill

1 - 11 of 11 Posts