Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you can buy the corsa mufflers that are used on the regular STS, and i know Borla has the full system... I also saw someone running no mufflers.

I am wondering, has anyone done anything else? Say from the cats back with larger dia pipe? Different muffler set ups?

Please share! Also, if there is a performance gain please share too!

·
Registered
'06 STS-V; '10 STS 1SG; '08 Escalade, '08 Escalade EXT
504 Posts
I know you can buy the corsa mufflers that are used on the regular STS, and i know Borla has the full system... I also saw someone running no mufflers.

I am wondering, has anyone done anything else? Say from the cats back with larger dia pipe? Different muffler set ups?

Please share! Also, if there is a performance gain please share too!
Get the GMPP (Borla) Cat-Back and move on.. good quality and finish, fits good, sounds good -- I would say 85% of the STS-V owners on this forum that have changed their exhausts are VERY pleased with this one.. They can chime in their $.02 --

·
Registered
2006 STS-V
55 Posts
Sorry i can't help much... i have the corsa "axle back"... I've been VERY happy with it though, quite a bit louder.... very little highway noise, but wakes up when you get on it... surprisingly it has a pretty loud idle now too.

However, being a fan of pretty nasty exhaust... i'm hoping to get headers at some point in time... but that's another story for another day.

my 2c

·
Registered
Cadillac
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, so no one has made a 3" setup or a custom config with muffler + custom pipes?

The Borla sounds ok, but not that loud from the few You Tubes i have watched. Also, from what i read the Borla has drone, which i dont want in my Cadi.

·
Registered
Cadillac STS V
118 Posts
I haven't noticed any bad drone and I've had my GMPP exhaust for a while. And it sounds great when you get on it.

·
Registered
09 cts4 04 cts-v
258 Posts
i dont have really any drone with mine eather and it is loud when you get on it i had a buddy get on the car when i was out of it its alot louder when the cars moving then it is when your just sitting there reving it

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts
Can we get some drive byes with the Borla?

Also, what is the dia of the pipe?
Here is CIWS doing a nice compilation of various views of his Borla.

·
Registered
2006 STS-V (Light Platinum/Tango) *SOLD*
140 Posts
Just got my car back from the tuner with the Borla exhaust installed. I love it. Man, does it change the nature of this beast.

CIWS's video was the tipping point for me.

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
Just got my car back from the tuner with the Borla exhaust installed. I love it. Man, does it change the nature of this beast.

CIWS's video was the tipping point for me.
Cool, congrats on the exhaust, it has a good sound for the car. :thumbsup:

I still get compliments from folks of how it sounds.

·
Registered
Cadillac STS-V
376 Posts
here is my custom Magnaflow setup on the V. i will upload more clips if requested! let me know what yall think!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts