Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
09 DW CTS-V Sedan
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

My headlights were fogged on my 02 EXT i just purchased used, so i went ahead and swapped them out. I took apart the headlights and had the black interior piece painted diamond white to match the truck. i think they look awesome and now I have projectors for my HIDs :) Just thought i'd share some pics. let me know if you have any questions.

Captain

started sealed up looking like this:

completed and reassembled:

on the truck:

completed:

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
Wow they look great

I think I may get black to match my truck when I do get new housings(which will be projector style)

I have to say they do improve the beam of the hids big time and make the truck look a lot better

----------

Also can you swap out the low beam projector unit in these????

I plan on modding the set I get to have quad high beams when I do get them

·
Registered
09 DW CTS-V Sedan
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It appears you can easily unbolt the old projectors and bolt in the new ones -- They're just standard H1 projectors. just a heads up for those that have HIDs, though: The low beams are H1, where-as the stock is either 9006 or 9005. I don't remember which one is which for low beam and high beam. The new H1 HID's cost me $11 on amazon, and work/fit just fine.

Thanks

Wow they look great

I think I may get black to match my truck when I do get new housings(which will be projector style)

I have to say they do improve the beam of the hids big time and make the truck look a lot better

----------

Also can you swap out the low beam projector unit in these????

I plan on modding the set I get to have quad high beams when I do get them

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
Captain McFunk said:
It appears you can easily unbolt the old projectors and bolt in the new ones -- They're just standard H1 projectors. just a heads up for those that have HIDs, though: The low beams are H1, where-as the stock is either 9006 or 9005. I don't remember which one is which for low beam and high beam. The new H1 HID's cost me $11 on amazon, and work/fit just fine. Thanks
On the 02 it's 9006 low beam 9005 high beams
03-06 it's d1r low beam and 9005 high beams(this is factory)
I would be getting a oem grade projector to install in them to use my factory hids

1 - 8 of 8 Posts