Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
05 CTS V
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Not 100% complete, but gives you an idea what is going on. You can see where we pulled a section of the intake to the radiator to direct flow in. This thing flows. Had to change the tune dramatically this weekend, but this thing pulls hard past 7k. IAT temps were monitored and the box is doing its job. I will be coating the box with heat/sound deadener this weekend.

very disappointed in Lingenfelter. They sent the pigtail for the MAF with wire exposed.

Open for comments.

Still need to install my fuel rails & 390lph fuel pump.

Cam and valve springs are next on my list.

·
Registered
05 Maggied CTS-V
201 Posts
That looks beautiful. It's obvious just looking at the pics for a couple of seconds that you really put a lot of thought into it. Thumbs up!

·
Registered
04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq
1,786 Posts
Beautiful! You really think you need the harsh elements sock though? Other reason?

·
Registered
05 CTS V
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that is a stainless filter, no oils so to not mess with the MAF. That sock just helps keep dust out. Sure doesn' hurt anything. 20.00, right?

·
Registered
04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq
1,786 Posts
that is a stainless filter, no oils so to not mess with the MAF. That sock just helps keep dust out. Sure doesn' hurt anything. 20.00, right?
Ah gotcha. Yeah I can't see it reducing flow enough to really matter, maybe very slightly but not enough to matter.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Great work, but i wouldnt have put a 90mm tb on a 102 intake...Why not go all the way and get the 102 tb to compliment the 102 intake...

Also the SVO have a smaller nozzle at the end then tha bosche, and you would have gained about 5-10 hp more from mid to the top...

Love the little indent you made for the rad support

·
Registered
05 CTS V
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the intake is a ported FAST 92mm, not a 102. The 102mm is the Mass Air Flow. These injectors are flow matched and work great. Doubt you would ever feel that 5hp anyways.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V, Raven/Ebony; Harley Fatboy; Harley Ultra-Classic
509 Posts
Looks great!! I'm doing things the other way around - I started with the cam (Thunder Racing "CheaTR" cam) and valve springs (Patriot Performance Gold duals) - now I'm looking at the FAST intake manifolds and TBs. I have a modified Volant CAI - but I'd guess it doesn't flow like your set-up does! Great work!

·
Registered
2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes
3,012 Posts
great work on heat shield. looks 20xs better then my Lingenfelter CAI. which was double the price your setup... only thing i would change would be to use some rubber weather stripping along edges to seal it off completely from the engine bay. under load your engine will def be pulling in hot engine bay air, might as well go all out since your increased your potential flow so drastically..

:pop2: on vids at WOT and maybe some dyno #s when you're all setup

·
Registered
509 Posts
QUOTE=shadybx7;2498439]:pop2: on vids at WOT and maybe some dyno #s when you're all setup[/QUOTE]

:werd:[

·
Registered
509 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts