Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
'98 STS (Crimson Pearl)
477 Posts
Hi and welcome!
Don't know where to find a V...but I do have 2 questions....is that an IROC or just an RS in the garage? #2: who's GTO and will it smoke the C5?

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
4,414 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
JimmyH
12,029 Posts
First off, BEAUTIFUL VETTE! There are a couple of the members here with highly modded V's that they would be willing to sell. S/C'd V's I've seen here in the mid 30s. You aren't getting rid of the Vette are you?

And welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry, haven't kept up with this thread. i will do better.

the third gen was an iroc. sold jan of 05 if i remember correctly. it was a gem. i bought it in 99 with 43k original miles. 350 tpi car. swapped it to a t56 6 speed in 00. had big plans for it but the c5 got in the way.

gto is a buddies car. it's a heads cam bolt on car. vette is faster. gto has too much of a weight difference to make up.

i'll get rid of the vette for the right price. are you in the market? i'd even consider trades for v cars in the right situation.

·
Registered
12 CTS Coupe Premium/Touring, 16 Volt, 13 911s, 07 Legacy GT Wagon
1,802 Posts
what's up.

new to v cars but after driving a cts v i'd really like to get one. i currently have an 04 C5. it's somewhat modded, cam/boltons. pics are at: http://www.casadenico.net/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=9458
where is the best place to shop for these cars? i've seen a couple on ebay but haven't really seen very many listed elsewhere.

thanks.
Some of the nicest cars to buy are listed here on these forums.

There is also this Mallet V on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=ADME%3AX%3ARTQ%3AUS%3A11&viewitem=&item=120152843563

It has H/C, Exhaust, Anti-Wheel-Hop and sick Mallett Wheels.
The wheels alone (no tires) cost 3.5K and H/C costs around 3-4K w/ Labor & Tuning.
You can save lots of money buying a pre-modded car.
Best bet is when it's been professionally modded by a quality shop.
Honestly, if I didn't have 2 V's already, I'd try to pick that one up.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V Mallett
93 Posts
The Mallett on ebay looks very nice, but it has me wondering. I don't see some of the usual Mallett badging. They're missing from the fenders, trunklid, and center of the dash. His pictures also don't show the headrests or any of the Mallett number plates. Maybe Mallett didn't have those on early production 04's, my 05' has them.

·
Registered
12 CTS Coupe Premium/Touring, 16 Volt, 13 911s, 07 Legacy GT Wagon
1,802 Posts
Yes, you are right.
I don't know how I missed that.
The seller says it's
Mallett Ser# 04V009
Build date 5/05

The Mallet logos are deletable (not mandatory) so perhaps he did not want them installed at the time of conversion.
He did get the Guage Cluster Emblem (if that pic is really from his car).
Naturally, I would recommend that one research the validity of the car before bidding too much for it.
If it's real, it would be a great V to pick up.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V Redline
743 Posts
The Mallett on ebay looks very nice, but it has me wondering. I don't see some of the usual Mallett badging. They're missing from the fenders, trunklid, and center of the dash. His pictures also don't show the headrests or any of the Mallett number plates. Maybe Mallett didn't have those on early production 04's, my 05' has them.
Maybe he bought the salvage car and swapped over what he could. :eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
74 Posts
Welcome to the forum. As an owner of corvettes and a CTSV I can assure you that you will not be disappointed with a V. Check the classified section as there are some good deals on there.

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V, completely stock
193 Posts
sorry, haven't kept up with this thread. i will do better.

the third gen was an iroc. sold jan of 05 if i remember correctly. it was a gem. i bought it in 99 with 43k original miles. 350 tpi car. swapped it to a t56 6 speed in 00. had big plans for it but the c5 got in the way.

gto is a buddies car. it's a heads cam bolt on car. vette is faster. gto has too much of a weight difference to make up.

i'll get rid of the vette for the right price. are you in the market? i'd even consider trades for v cars in the right situation.
What would you consider the right situation? I might be interested in a trade if you could detail your mods and condition a bit more. PM me?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, I can't pm yet so I'll list everything here.

04 Torch Red Coupe
Black Int
17.8K miles
Z51 w/every option available
M6 Transmission
3.42 rear gear
Glass Top
BSM
12disc changer
Memory Seats
Heads Up Display
Power Tilt/Telescopic Wheel
Auto dim mirrors

Now for the good stuff:

Donaldson Blackwing Cold air
Kook's 1 7/8 long tubes
Kook's 3" off road x pipe
B&B Bullet dual tip exhaust
Comp cam xer 232/240 .595/.610 112 cam
Comp hardened pushrods
PRC dual valve springs
LS7 clutch and flywheel
B&M Ripper short throw shifter
NGK TR6 plugs
C6 motorsport wheels in C5 Z06 sizes
265/40/17 Michelin Pilot Sport tires on front approx 4/32nds left
315/35/18 BFG G Force Drag Radial tires on rear approx. 800 miles
Tinted windows 20% around
Black corvette letters on rear fascia and front license plate cover panel

I bought this car brand new 8/04 from Penske Chevrolet in Indianapolis IN. I have the original window sticker, which reflects an MSRP of $49,800. I installed the headers and exhaust 12/04 (5K miles). I installed the camshaft and clutch 12/05 (11K miles). I took the car to Speed Inc. after the cam install and had it dyno tuned. It put down 406rwhp/375ft/lbs at the wheels. I also strapped it down in Indianapolis a few weeks later to check the afr and it put down 403/375.

2 Pics below, more Pics at:http://www.casadenico.net/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=9458

I also have many other pics on my hard drive so if there is something specific you want to see I can probably email that pic. I've got about 9 dyno files if you have winpep or runviewer and want to see the graphs.

Never seen snow probably seen rain 1/2 a dozen times. Always garage kept non smoker. I'll throw in a fitted indoor cover as well. Perfect carfax, no accidents, dings etc...PM or email if you would like to get ahold of me on the phone.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hi,
I am in Louisville and have headers/cats/exhaust/tune/sways on my '04. I am not looking to sell but if you wanted to see a lightly modded V I would be glad to get together. Shoot me a PM.
David

1 - 20 of 34 Posts