Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again all, every once in a while my cue seems to lose its mind. When I touch it only some things respond and the screen jitters back and forth. Also I cannot swipe down to get rid of my favorites When on audio. Have any of you experienced this? I’m not super concerned cause it’s still under CPO but if it’s a sign of a failing CUE or screen I want to get it in.
Power down and power of the car seems to solve it.

Thanks for all the info everyone!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Cadillac will fix it. If you're under warranty,no cost, if no, t they have a special exception for these screens and will charge you $100 to fix it. Well worth it, it will work better than ever.

·
Registered
2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum
330 Posts
I don't ask CUE to do much. That's probably a good thing.... my XTS is 6 years old.
The only thing odd that it does is take its sweet time turning on every once in awhile.
It always turns on by the time I get to the end of the street.
Otherwise, it's in good nick.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
9,813 Posts
Cadillac will fix it. If you're under warranty,no cost, if no, t they have a special exception for these screens and will charge you $100 to fix it. Well worth it, it will work better than ever.
Is there a TSB # for this info?

·
Registered
'02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum
2,705 Posts
Dealerships do not replace touch screens, they swap out Integrated Center Stacks with refurbished units - most likely the repair depot installs a new screen. For those out of warranty it's simple to do and costs <$75.

--As for TSB's, here's one (there are others):

#PIC6104B: Lower Touch Screen Functions Inoperative

Subject: Lower Touch Screen Functions Inoperative

Condition/Concern:

Some customers may comment that the lower center section of the display will not work when pressed (typically the favorite/preset icons). All other areas of the touch screen work normally.

Recommendation/Instructions:

If this concern is encountered and duplicated at the dealer, replace the ICS (Integrated Center Stack) by following the SI replacement procedure.
Note: This information only applies to the bottom middle section of the touch screen.

This concerns the lower portion of the screen, but as we've seen posted innumerable times, any part of the screen can lose the ability to respond to touch, or short internally, giving weird intermittent issues. And of course, they can also spider-crack.

CCC

1 - 8 of 8 Posts