Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
None
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!

I'm wondering how well the voice recognition system works for you on the CTS. Is it pretty good? Good enough that you use it regularly? Or so bad that you avoid it?

I look forward to your responses - please add what year CTS you have: 14 or 15 (in case they changed the system in 15).

Thanks
Dog

·
Registered
'19 CT6 Platinum 3.0TT
540 Posts
For me it's one of the better car systems I've used but it is by no means perfect. Making phone calls it gets it 98% of the time. Navigation not so much, although it isn't to bad if you're more generic like saying Destination POI Fuel Stations or Destination POI Chevron. It fails a lot if you try to find a POI that isn't part of a large chain. Music it is pretty much spot on, it even picks up the difference between XM and FM.

·
Registered
04 CTS, 08 CTS, 12 CTS Prem, 14 CTS Prem, 16 ATS-V, 18 CTS-V
252 Posts
Never ever recognizes what i say properly, i think i may have a microphone issue with my car tho as i get complaints about being able to hear me anytime i take a call via the car.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The voice recognition works fine for me except for navigation, which rarely understands what I am requesting, For this reason, I just call OnStar and have the directions sent to my navigation system. I did have an issue with the clarity of the microphone, which the dealer resolved by adding some insulation around the microphone as directed by an advisory they discovered.

·
Registered
2016 XTS Premium
1,806 Posts
In my 14 CTS sedan I pretty much only try to use voice recognition when trying to locate a destination. Problem I have seen there is with speaking the city names. It appears that CUE doesnt know how to pronounce a lot of words. I could not get the system to use the location of Beaufort - pronounced Bu-fert. Had me screaming the word and it kept providing locations not anywhere near mine. I suspect CUE thinks Beaufort is pronounced Bo-fort.

12,816 Posts
In my 14 CTS sedan I pretty much only try to use voice recognition when trying to locate a destination. Problem I have seen there is with speaking the city names. It appears that CUE doesnt know how to pronounce a lot of words. I could not get the system to use the location of Beaufort - pronounced Bu-fert. Had me screaming the word and it kept providing locations not anywhere near mine. I suspect CUE thinks Beaufort is pronounced Bo-fort.
Hello All,

Your feedback is something that we certainly appreciate, and we recognize that technology enhances everyday driving. I am available by PM if you would like me to look into any concerns that you may be experiencing with your CUE system. Please provide me with your mileage, VIN, phone number, full name, and preferred dealership name if this is of interest. Enjoy your evening and I hope to hear from you soon.

All the best,

Brandon M.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
2014 CTS sedan luxury
22 Posts
We should be able to type in our own POI's! it is possible but takes an act of God to do it. We should be able to simply type in our personal POI. Would make the Nav more user friendly!

·
Registered
2014 CTSv-sport premium
26 Posts
for those of you who say the navigation is difficult to use try not to say street, road, drive, circle, etc after the street name. mine gets it right 98% of the time if you follow that 1 simple rule.
if it gets it wrong the first time allow it to break it down by city and state.
between those 2 you shouldn't really have any issues.

on a different note does anyone have a complete list of commands?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts