Cadillac Owners Forum banner

121 - 134 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had the exact same problem. It gradually quit working until it wouldn’t work at all. I have less then 60,000 miles and of course was told that it would cost 1500 with installation and on top of that there are no new ones so I had to get a refurbished one. WHAT....,,,,paying this price to basically get one just like the one they took out. Come on we all know this one won’t last long. I talked to the parts manager and he told me there is no new ones available. He told me they get 3-4 in a week that have to be replaced. Are you kidding me? Just another racket at to how Cadillac gets more money from the consumer. Based on 1000 dealerships across the county think about their additionally income to there bottom line. $400,000 a month. If Cadillac was the reputable dealer they should of been they would of done a recall. When mine gets fixed it’s gone. Will never own a Cadillac again and I suggest you not either.
I changed mine this past Saturday. I paid $280.00 and it took 2.5 hours to change. The screen is held in by 8 screws. One of the screw mounts was broken. This is what caused the issue. You Tube has some very good videos on how to do it.

·
Registered
2015 CTS Premium
1 Posts
Just happened to me on a 2015 CTS Premium. Screen locked up after sitting in my hot garage for 3 months. Guess Cadillac should let their owners know that their cars require an air conditioned garage!! Not a good snowbird car.

I agree Cadillac should back their customers if they expect to keep them. CUE has had serious problems from day 1. I have a 2006 Jeep that has never had any problems. Luckily I have CPO on vehicle so should not cost me anything, but if they won't warranty the new cue for 5 years, car will be gone and I'll get a Lexus.

I should have paid more attention to Consumer Reports about quality of Cadillacs. For a 64k car, you shouldn't have these types of problems. In the 3 years I've owned car, it has been in garage for over 28 days for flakey problems that took a long time to diagnose and finally get parts. Too bad, because I really like the car, when it runs right.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: cadillac cue touch screen not working

Hello Zelda,

I’m sorry to hear of this concern with you Cadillac’s touch screen and we understand how this can be frustrating. I would like the opportunity to look into this concern with your dealership. If interested, please provide me with your VIN, mileage, preferred dealership as well as contact information (name, phone number, email) in a private message. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Best,

Jerel J.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the exact same problem. It gradually quit working until it wouldn’t work at all. I have less then 60,000 miles and of course was told that it would cost 1500 with installation and on top of that there are no new ones so I had to get a refurbished one. WHAT....,,,,paying this price to basically get one just like the one they took out. Come on we all know this one won’t last long. I talked to the parts manager and he told me there is no new ones available. He told me they get 3-4 in a week that have to be replaced. Are you kidding me? Just another racket at to how Cadillac gets more money from the consumer. Based on 1000 dealerships across the county think about their additionally income to there bottom line. $400,000 a month. If Cadillac was the reputable dealer they should of been they would of done a recall. When mine gets fixed it’s gone. Will never own a Cadillac again and I suggest you not either.
Tammy, you can contact Cue Screens and replace the touch screen for approximately $139. (Be careful, because there are less expensive options out there, but a much higher failure rate.) I purchased a touch screen from Cue Screens for $139 and had it installed by an car audio place for $275 in August. It's been working great ever since. It's not the entire CUE system--it's a faulty touch screen. Cadillac wants you to purchase the entire CUE system ($1500-$2000) so they can slip the old out and the new in. You need to find a car audio place that will replace component parts and not just what Cadillac does. The Cue Screens touch screen is high quality and works great. You can give them a call and the owner will talk to you and answer any questions you might have...I called him before I purchased. Good luck!

·
Registered
2015 V-Sport
556 Posts
Tammy, you can contact Cue Screens and replace the touch screen for approximately $139. (Be careful, because there are less expensive options out there, but a much higher failure rate.) I purchased a touch screen from Cue Screens for $139 and had it installed by an car audio place for $275 in August. It's been working great ever since. It's not the entire CUE system--it's a faulty touch screen. Cadillac wants you to purchase the entire CUE system ($1500-$2000) so they can slip the old out and the new in. You need to find a car audio place that will replace component parts and not just what Cadillac does. The Cue Screens touch screen is high quality and works great. You can give them a call and the owner will talk to you and answer any questions you might have...I called him before I purchased. Good luck!
Since there are so many different Cue Screens to choose a link to the one you bought with the phone number to call would be valuable. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2014 CTS 2.0T AWD CUE screen ceased working after i got back from the Chevy dealer body shop. I was rear ended. Her insurance wouldnt cover it. Called my local dealer who I deal with all the time. He stated it is a known issue and informed me that it is a $1600 job to replace it. However, he did say that since its a known issue, he might be able to get some help getting it fixed from GM. I spoke to him a bit about replacing it myself, the pending class action lawsuit, etc. He said he would see what GM would do to help and call me back. He called back and said he could do the replacement for $139 installed, part was free, I'm only paying for the labor. DONE! works like a charm now, actually more touch responsive than before.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought my 2014 SRX about 6 months ago. I just took it to the Cadillac dealership to find out why the touchscreen stopped working on the bottom section. Said it would cost 1549.00 to replace. I told him I had seen where GM would help pay for it. This car only has 64000 miles and is barely over the warranty. He checked on this and said GM would pay126.00, I am extremely disappointed and not sure if I will ever own another GM product!

·
Registered
20 Posts
My 2014 CTS 2.0T AWD CUE screen ceased working after i got back from the Chevy dealer body shop. I was rear ended. Her insurance wouldnt cover it. Called my local dealer who I deal with all the time. He stated it is a known issue and informed me that it is a $1600 job to replace it. However, he did say that since its a known issue, he might be able to get some help getting it fixed from GM. I spoke to him a bit about replacing it myself, the pending class action lawsuit, etc. He said he would see what GM would do to help and call me back. He called back and said he could do the replacement for $139 installed, part was free, I'm only paying for the labor. DONE! works like a charm now, actually more touch responsive than before.
Patrick that is definitely the best strategy to get help from GM is what you did.
Talk with your service advisor and have them go to bat for you. Myself and many other had zero luck dealing directly with GM customer care. Total waste of time.
Cade

·
Registered
'16 VSport (wife's), '10 Escalade, '97 & '02 SS Camaro's, '15 Silverado LTZ
1,118 Posts
My wife's starting wigging out on her '16 VSport so I took it in and they said it needed a "software update". The car has 52k so no BTB warranty.and the CPO warranty wont cover the update. I agreed to have the update for a total of $230 out the door but that didn't fix it. So now it has to be replaced, but since it has to be replaced the CPO warranty will cover the cost less the $50 deductible. It's on order so I have to wait a week or so.to get it fixed.

·
Registered
61 Posts
My touch screen was working intermittently; it wouldn't respond to touches anywhere. Took to my dealer along with the GM Protection Plan I purchased. They checked out the CUE. After they made a few phone calls was notified it would be taken care of and no money out of my pocket. Also should it fail again it would also be replaced as long as the GM Protection Plan was in effect.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just had this problem on my 2014 CTS 2.0t AWD. $1450 to replace at the dealer (part was $1250). Disappointing since the car only had 34k miles on it.

121 - 134 of 134 Posts