Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 ATS and my CUE keeps powering off and coming back on randomly. I do the open door reset trick constantly, but that doesn't effect it. Sometimes the system works perfectly and other times it just keeps shutting off and coming back on. Has anyone else had this issue and if so, how did you trouble shoot it/ solve it? All help and advice is much appreciated.

CHEERS!

·
Registered
2013 ATS 3.6L Luxury
322 Posts
Don't remember anyone specifically having this problem. By the open door trick, do you mean the CUE hard reset? If yes, possible CUE or HMI is going out, maybe a loose connection. Try disconnecting the negative battery terminal, then step on the brake to drain residual power. Need a 10mm socket. After 10 minutes, reconnect and see if it gives you joy. Make sure retained accessory power is off before doing this. These cars are rolling computers, this is like doing a power cycle on a misbehaving computer. Take care not to close trunk while disconnected. Worked for this guy, but his was a base version:

Some have reported weird symptoms when the battery is starting to go bad. Have you checked the battery voltages on the DIC? This thread might be helpful on what you should see:

·
Registered
2014 ATS 3.6 Premium RWD, 2016 Corvette Z06, 2018 GMC Sierra Denali 2500HD Diesel
2,863 Posts
Is it just the display fading out? The flex cable for the door has been a problem with some models, more likely if you frequently use the hidden compartment/"cell phone cooking" compartment (It gets very HOT in there, especially if your cell is at low charge and rapidly charging through the USB port.

Rodger

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't remember anyone specifically having this problem. By the open door trick, do you mean the CUE hard reset? If yes, possible CUE or HMI is going out, maybe a loose connection. Try disconnecting the negative battery terminal, then step on the brake to drain residual power. Need a 10mm socket. After 10 minutes, reconnect and see if it gives you joy. Make sure retained accessory power is off before doing this. These cars are rolling computers, this is like doing a power cycle on a misbehaving computer. Take care not to close trunk while disconnected. Worked for this guy, but his was a base version:

Some have reported weird symptoms when the battery is starting to go bad. Have you checked the battery voltages on the DIC? This thread might be helpful on what you should see:

Yes, I was talking about the CUE "hard" reset. Opening the door and waiting until the lights on the dash tuen off (about 30 seconds) I have not tried disconnecting the negative battery terminal. I will give that go and let you know. Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it just the display fading out? The flex cable for the door has been a problem with some models, more likely if you frequently use the hidden compartment/"cell phone cooking" compartment (It gets very HOT in there, especially if your cell is at low charge and rapidly charging through the USB port.

Rodger
No. the entire system goes dark and the sound cuts out. A/C stays on and I can still change the settings. I never use the secret compartment. What a waste of space.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I have had to replace the battery once and the alternator TWICE actually. I did notice the CUE worked fine for a while after the service then eventually started malfunctioning again. I know the way the voltage works on these is weird. My starting voltage is like 11 and them after cranking up it goes up to the 14 to 15 range.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I also tried disconnection the battery and that didn't work. Now the unit has gone dark and wont come on at all anymore. I am thinking about maybe trading this piece of junk in for something else. I don't know why I convinced myself to buy another GM vehicle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts