Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
You cannot get XM Travel Link with the updated CUE in the 2018-2019 XTS and CT6. In order to get the weather feature you must have a data plan. The XM weather Icon is not even an APP on the updated CUE Screen.
That REALLY sucks!

·
Registered
872 Posts
Not sure how CUE's climate control is difficult to use.

Of all the CUE subroutines, it's always been set-it-and-forget-it from the main climate control screen. I enter the left and right side temps, and press the exterior Auto switch. At the end of the summer, I disable "AC". Occasionally, I defrost the windows in the winter with the touch of one exterior switch. Pretty darn simple and no more complex than any other vehicle I've owned.

Maybe you just got lucky. Sounds as if yours is operating correctly for CUE.

It's still a lot of fiddling around for something that should be thermostatically controlled.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
CCC. Do you receive music channels with travel link
Just received a paper copy of my annual Travel Link SiriusXM renewal invoice today: $23.88 (excluding tax).

As far as music, in a word: no. Besides the weather icon on the CUE top menu bar, I get a few news channels including NPR, the BBC, plus Classic Radio Shows (XM 148) which I like for long trips. None of these channels are advertised as being offered in the XM Travel Link plan.

For music, I use my iPod via CUE with thousands of songs I want to hear - not what XM offers with their never-ending multitudes of commercials - even though they advertise their service as "commercial-free music." Not!

CC

·
Registered
263 Posts
I get a few news channels including NPR, the BBC, plus Classic Radio Shows (XM 148) which I like for long trips. None of these channels are advertised as being offered in the XM Travel Link plan.
These chanels are free. You don't need to have any subscription to listen them.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
These chanels are free. You don't need to have any subscription to listen them.
They may be free, but when my subscription to XM weather expired last year, I lost the ability to access them. As soon as my subscription was restored, the channels were accessible once again. The only (XM) channel I could receive in the interim was the channel that displays the XM Receiver ID.

CCC

21 - 27 of 27 Posts