Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new XTS owner. For the first time, a new CUE software update was pushed and installed on my 2019 XTS a few minutes ago. Now my NAV doesn't work! Will it get back to normal automatically in a little while, or is this some kind of typical bug after a new software install?

·
Registered
713 Posts
I'm a new XTS owner. For the first time, a new CUE software update was pushed and installed on my 2019 XTS a few minutes ago. Now my NAV doesn't work! Will it get back to normal automatically in a little while, or is this some kind of typical bug after a new software install?
What issues did the update address? I would call the service department immediately and let them know that your Nav is not working. At least I will know to make certain that everything is working ok before I leave after the update is performed on my car.

The issue I hope the software update will resolved is the one where my Cue Screen Display is defaulting.
It make no difference what display is set from the short cuts it will default to the home screen which is the all app icon screen or the all in one screen that shows the radio channel, Nav and climate/inside temp. Also these two displays will default between themselves.
The default will usually happen when the car is turned on and off over a few hours or it may be several days. The display is now defaulting while driving, right before my eyes. This has been going on since I purchased the car in September 2018. Both Cadillac and the service department said that at the time there was no fix. Now I am being told this new software update may correct this issue.

I am also having XM Radio issues to where sometimes there will be no information displayed for the channel that is set nor can the channel be changed and a message of action cannot be performed no subscription, will be displayed. I have to shut the car off and oo to get everything working as should.
After several failed signal refresh and a hard reset, XM is having me to take the car in to have the XM module software updated. Service is saying that the software update that they will perform should also correct this issue.

As you can see my XTS is a 2019 also. This is Cadillac's NEW UPDATED CUE which IMO is no better than the one prior to the update. The real joke is the inability to be able to move your favorites to the short cut list so in order to use the camera you now have to page through or put the car in reverse to activate the camera. At least this was not the case with the old CUE.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This didn't happen during a service visit. CUE had prompted me to perform a new update. But I checked about an hour later and the NAV app does open up and now seems to be responding fine. I'll have to check about the XM tomorrow when I get back in the car. But I HATE Cue! I constantly have to take my eyes off the road to adjust the climate controls!!!

·
Registered
713 Posts
This didn't happen during a service visit. CUE had prompted me to perform a new update. But I checked about an hour later and the NAV app does open up and now seems to be responding fine. I'll have to check about the XM tomorrow when I get back in the car. But I HATE Cue! I constantly have to take my eyes off the road to adjust the climate controls!!!
Wow! I hope others are reading this as you have just confirmed Cadillac's ability to do an over the air software update. This has been advertised for the new updated CUE but this is the first that I have read where anyone as ever received an over the air software update. If I am lucky perhaps I will receive the same prior to taking the car in for the update on Monday. It would be interesting to know how many others have received the over the air software update.
I am glad to know your NAV is now responding. I do not know why you would have keep adjusting the climate control but this sounds like an issue that may also need a software update. Here again I would check with the service department about the HVAC problem.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Where do you get updates for your NAV in the 2019 XTS? Updates for the 2018-19 XTS are not available on the navigation site that has been in use since the 2nd GEN CTS's came out in 2008. Is the NAV now an integral part of CUE? Do you have whats called 'Connected Navigation' which is one of the new Onstar services although it is supposed to be available with the old Guidance Onstar package. Do you use the HOTSPOT capabilities and pay for a DATA package? I might stop by the dealer and take a look at the CUE/NAV/XM setup. It is obviously a major change starting with the 18 XTS's.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Where do you get updates for your NAV in the 2019 XTS? Updates for the 2018-19 XTS are not available on the navigation site that has been in use since the 2nd GEN CTS's came out in 2008. Is the NAV now an integral part of CUE? Do you have whats called 'Connected Navigation' which is one of the new Onstar services although it is supposed to be available with the old Guidance Onstar package. Do you use the HOTSPOT capabilities and pay for a DATA package? I might stop by the dealer and take a look at the CUE/NAV/XM setup. It is obviously a major change starting with the 18 XTS's.
If there is an Nav update for the 2019 it probably will not be available until July or sometimes there after. I do not understand a 2008 Nav being in the 2018-2019 as the map updates are released every year. I will have to check and see what Info shows up on my Nav.
One thing that is interesting is with this Updated CUE you cannot get Weather and Nav Traffic through XM which cost $8.00 mo. In order to get the Weather Channel now you have to have a Data Plan which cost $15.00-$25.00 mo. You also cannot receive the over the air software updates unless you subscribe to a data plan.
In that my complimentary data plan expired I purchased a three day (Pass) plan at a one time charge of $5.00. Immediately upon doing so I was able to get the weather channel but the software update that the service department is saying that I needed as not yet shown up on my screen. I have an appointment on Monday to have it manually installed so no problem if it does not come through over the air.
Right now I really can't see paying even $15.00 a month for a data plan which my primary use would be for the weather channel and receiving any software updates over the air.

·
Registered
872 Posts
+1000. Cadillac did climate control flawlessly for decades. Now it's an unsolvable mystery. My car does not attain or maintain the desired temp. Eyes off the road for any reason is unacceptable. Cadillac has a monitor with SuperCruise that cancels the feature if the driver looks away. Why do they think we can drive without looking? My current Cadillac is the most annoying car I have ever driven.

Yesterday I drove a vintage car and it was pure joy. The car let me drive and the rear view mirror had a useful function. No nagging or backseat driving from safety distractions was a big plus too!

I was at a car show. Saw a beautiful 1966 red CDV convertible. There was no for sale sign so I was saved from myself.

·
Registered
232 Posts
My '18 has a connection to my home Wi-Fi network. Do all earlier years of CUE have this and is it used for updates?

·
Registered
713 Posts
I had the Software update performed this morning. It is believed that it will address both my XM and CUE issues. I was at the dealership for three hours.

·
Registered
713 Posts
It appears that for now both the 2018-2019 XTS have the latest map version which is 2.5 . It also looks like there has been no new version for the XTS since 2017. I see the same 2.5 version for the 2019 CT6.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I kind of miss my gorgeous 2011 CTS now. The climate controls and radio were such a breeze to work with, and the car still looked great and was relatively bug free my entire time with it. My 2019 XTS is going on 2 months now, and I still can't get used to that confounded CUE system. Now I'm not sure that the extra trunk and rear seat space of the XTS was worth the CTS trade and extra $45K.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I kind of miss my gorgeous 2011 CTS now. The climate controls and radio were such a breeze to work with, and the car still looked great and was relatively bug free my entire time with it. My 2019 XTS is going on 2 months now, and I still can't get used to that confounded CUE system. Now I'm not sure that the extra trunk and rear seat space of the XTS was worth the CTS trade and extra $45K.
I hear you, but I still prefer my XTS over my 2017 CT6 that I traded in. The only issues that I have had with my XTS is the CUE screen display defaulting and a recent XM issue, hopefully both have been corrected by the software update, which so far have not occurred since the software update. I find the updated CUE to be a little more responsive than the previous CUE that was in my CT6. Unfortunately some nice capabilities that the previous CUE had were removed from the updated CUE.
I would still encourage you to have the climate control checked out for any issues that you might be having with it. I think the biggest issue with all of these cars is not so much the problem you have with them but getting the service department and customer service to listen to your concern and stop trying to feed you a bunch of:bsflag: I am sorry but I get so sick and tired of hearing it is working as normal when it is not.
Cadillac's definition of works as normal is as long as it works, it does not have to work correctly or as advertised it just has to show some signs of life.
Over all I am enjoying the XTS and still have no regrets for not purchasing another CT6:dance:

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Not sure how CUE's climate control is difficult to use.

Of all the CUE subroutines, it's always been set-it-and-forget-it from the main climate control screen. I enter the left and right side temps, and press the exterior Auto switch. At the end of the summer, I disable "AC". Occasionally, I defrost the windows in the winter with the touch of one exterior switch. Pretty darn simple and no more complex than any other vehicle I've owned.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
If there is an Nav update for the 2019 it probably will not be available until July or sometimes there after. I do not understand a 2008 Nav being in the 2018-2019 as the map updates are released every year. I will have to check and see what Info shows up on my Nav.
One thing that is interesting is with this Updated CUE you cannot get Weather and Nav Traffic through XM which cost $8.00 mo. In order to get the Weather Channel now you have to have a Data Plan which cost $15.00-$25.00 mo. You also cannot receive the over the air software updates unless you subscribe to a data plan.
In that my complimentary data plan expired I purchased a three day (Pass) plan at a one time charge of $5.00. Immediately upon doing so I was able to get the weather channel but the software update that the service department is saying that I needed as not yet shown up on my screen. I have an appointment on Monday to have it manually installed so no problem if it does not come through over the air.
Right now I really can't see paying even $15.00 a month for a data plan which my primary use would be for the weather channel and receiving any software updates over the air.
Are you referring to TravelLink from Sirius for Weather? So you dont have any built in realtime traffic with the new CUE? That probably requires a DATA plan as well and provided your Onstar Plan offers Connected Navigation, then I am guessing you would see Traffic info - different from NavTraffic offered by Sirius. Plus unlike the Traffic plan for Sirius based radios, NavTraffic does not provide nationwide coverage. Like I said I need to check with the sales guy at my dealer to see what info he has. Investing in a current model Cadillac is almost like taking 2 steps forward and 1 step backwards. More is available but at additional costs beyond the price of a new car!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Are you referring to TravelLink from Sirius for Weather? So you dont have any built in realtime traffic with the new CUE? That probably requires a DATA plan as well and provided your Onstar Plan offers Connected Navigation, then I am guessing you would see Traffic info - different from NavTraffic offered by Sirius. Plus unlike the Traffic plan for Sirius based radios, NavTraffic does not provide nationwide coverage. Like I said I need to check with the sales guy at my dealer to see what info he has. Investing in a current model Cadillac is almost like taking 2 steps forward and 1 step backwards. More is available but at additional costs beyond the price of a new car!
Correct, you cannot get Sirius/XM TravelLink with the updated Cue. You will get Traffic info through OnStar but in order to get weather you have to subscribe to a data plan.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I had the Software update performed this morning. It is believed that it will address both my XM and CUE issues. I was at the dealership for three hours.
Cue screen display is still defaulting. The verdict is still out on the XM issue.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Correct, you cannot get Sirius/XM TravelLink with the updated Cue. You will get Traffic info through OnStar but in order to get weather you have to subscribe to a data plan.
I don't have a data plan and pay only $25.40 a year for XM Travel Link. This include a half-dozen XM channels thrown in.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I don't have a data plan and pay only $25.40 a year for XM Travel Link. This include a half-dozen XM channels thrown in.
You cannot get XM Travel Link with the updated CUE in the 2018-2019 XTS and CT6. In order to get the weather feature you must have a data plan. The XM weather Icon is not even an APP on the updated CUE Screen.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Cue screen display is still defaulting. The verdict is still out on the XM issue.
We are now waiting on the approval from Cadillac to replace the CUE in my car with a new CUE in hopes that this will resolve the CUE Screen default issue.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts