Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
92 Deville
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has literally been years since I've posted on this forum. Happy to say my mother has a 2014 ATS 2.0.

Recently the other day she parked the car in a shopping center and when she returned about an hour later she discovered the CUE display has spider web cracked below the external surface. The surface itself is completely smooth and CUE still responds but the spider web cracking is getting worse.

I've seen a few other posts with Florida ATS drivers having similar experiences.

Just hoping the dealer does not make a fuss as this happened while away from the car.

If replaced I'm hoping years of ownership does not mean this will happen consistently in Florida.

C

·
0 Posts
Refer them to Bulletin PIC6055: Integrated Center Stack Display Delaminating Distorted Or Appears Cracked Behind Lens
Condition/Concern Some customers may report that their radio screen appears bubbled, cracked, or is delaminating.
Recommendation/Instructions If this concern is encountered, replace the ICS (Integrated Center Stack) by following the SI replacement procedure.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T Luxury RWD , BMW E30 325IC
23 Posts
Just took my car in today for a cracked CUE screen. No issue, warranty repair. They also picked up a couple open recalls and stuck me in an ELR (which is seriously awesome). Couldn't be happier with the service thus far. It should be noted my local dealer is a Cadillac only dealer - I've heard some horror stories of the mixed GM dealers.

·
Registered
2017 ATS Premium Performance Sedan Crystal White Tricolor with Platinum Interior
173 Posts
I wonder if they are gonna replace with the same part as it will happen again or an updated part

·
Registered
2013 3.6 RWD Premium - 2006 BMW Z4M
1,406 Posts
My guess is the screen broke because it was installed under some stress from the surrounding frame. As things heated, expansion occurred and it couldn't take it. If my theory is correct it is very unlikely to happen again after the new one is reinstalled since it is unlikely to be put in the same "bind" as the first time.

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac ATS Luxury
11 Posts
Dealer just replaced my unit today (I had the delaminating). The whole thing took only 45 minutes once the part came in.

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6 Performance, White Diamond Tricoat
497 Posts
Just took my car in today for a cracked CUE screen. No issue, warranty repair. They also picked up a couple open recalls and stuck me in an ELR (which is seriously awesome). Couldn't be happier with the service thus far. It should be noted my local dealer is a Cadillac only dealer - I've heard some horror stories of the mixed GM dealers.
My dealer is a Cadillac/Nissan dealer. Wanna guess what I got as a loaner last time (and even getting one was a hassle)? A Nissan Versa ... tiny little thing, cost about $15K. I'm changing dealers for service from here on ... there service is substandard.

BTW ... I second (or third or fourth) the comments about CTSChick ... she always seems to have the right answers. :)

·
Registered
Performance AWD T
65 Posts
My dealer is a Cadillac/Nissan dealer. Wanna guess what I got as a loaner last time (and even getting one was a hassle)? A Nissan Versa ... tiny little thing, cost about $15K. I'm changing dealers for service from here on ... there service is substandard.

BTW ... I second (or third or fourth) the comments about CTSChick ... she always seems to have the right answers. :)
not to be an ass, but my dealer usually gives a SRX, last time they gave me a 2016 Suburban LT ... now that was nice and less SoccerMom-ish !

happened to me as well for the cracked winshield , obviously,

·
Registered
2016 SRX
1 Posts
My screen began cracking around the a/c icons (fans). The whole cue system was replaced. It is not just a cover. They showed me how the whole radio was pulled out and informed be it was about $3000.00 to replace the whole thing. Thankfully it was still under warranty (under 50K miles).

·
Registered
2014 ATS 3.6
220 Posts
It has literally been years since I've posted on this forum. Happy to say my mother has a 2014 ATS 2.0.

Recently the other day she parked the car in a shopping center and when she returned about an hour later she discovered the CUE display has spider web cracked below the external surface. The surface itself is completely smooth and CUE still responds but the spider web cracking is getting worse.

I've seen a few other posts with Florida ATS drivers having similar experiences.

Just hoping the dealer does not make a fuss as this happened while away from the car.

If replaced I'm hoping years of ownership does not mean this will happen consistently in Florida.
I don't think it happened because of the sun . I live in Saudi Arabia it is 126F in the summer and when I park my ATS in the sun for long time the temperature on cue reads 150F and nothing happened

·
Registered
2004 CTS Lux Sport and 2014 ATS 2.0T AWD Lux
848 Posts
It could be heat or the freezing cold (like mine).
It was most likely a temperature differential between the screen and the frame, causing some type of warping.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts