Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
LF4 Platform Master Tuner
2018 ATS-V M6
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every now and then the radio station presets on my CUE gray out and are no longer selectable. Sometimes they start working again in a day. Other times it'll be a week. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

IMG_20180522_202038.jpg

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V
608 Posts
My CUE is now on the fritz. The tactile radio buttons don't work, once I'm on the home screen I cannot go back to the radio section. A/C controls cannot be used via the CUE screen, only with the buttons below.

·
Registered
2015 ATS 2.0T (gone), 2016 ATS-V, 1968 Corvair, 1974 Corvette, 2003 HD Road King
282 Posts
My cue screen got the micro cracks over last weekend. Argh! Yours looks fancy compared to my 2016 though

·
Registered
2018 ATS-V SDN (White, Blk Recaros, Lux/Safety, Red Brems, Blk Rims, Sun Roof, 6sp)
526 Posts
The whole CUE O/S was updated on the late model 2017's - 2018's so the UI is gonna be different. They have this apps thing, the presets are on the top, and some things from before are missing (like the SMS app).

·
Registered
2018 XTS Lux AWD
43 Posts
Every now and then the radio station presets on my CUE gray out and are no longer selectable. Sometimes they start working again in a day. Other times it'll be a week. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

View attachment 527633
Hi I'm new to this forum, I was wondering did you find out what causes this? Mine is doing it and when I press a greyed out station "favorites not available". Thanks

·
Registered
2009 V2 MT Sedan (gone), 2016 ATS-V MT Sedan
53 Posts
Hi I'm new to this forum, I was wondering did you find out what causes this? Mine is doing it and when I press a greyed out station "favorites not available". Thanks
When mine was doing this (the symptoms you describe), it was also making the CUE screen unresponsive. Is that the case with yours?

I ended up having my CUE screen replaced under warranty. I'm thinking it had to do with the hot summers....

·
LF4 Platform Master Tuner
2018 ATS-V M6
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When mine was doing this (the symptoms you describe), it was also making the CUE screen unresponsive. Is that the case with yours?

I ended up having my CUE screen replaced under warranty. I'm thinking it had to do with the hot summers....
Mine still does this about once per week. Very frustrating. CUE will still respond. Just seems to forget all the presets. Actually they're still there, just not selectable.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Mine still does this about once per week. Very frustrating. CUE will still respond. Just seems to forget all the presets. Actually they're still there, just not selectable.
Sure sounds like an HMI software issue locking you out of your presets... surprised there isn't an update available from GM since this isn't a one-car issue. If you know someone with GDS2, does your car have any other Cue/HMI/Radio trouble codes set? When the issue happens, will the up/down buttons on the steering wheel let you scroll through the presets or are they locked out too?

If it were my car even if there are no newer software updates available for the Radio & HMI modules through SPS I think I'd still do a reflash of the current software version and see if the issue returns.

FYI, my 2016 with the older Cue 2.5 has never had this issue... so I guess you win some and you lose some with the new Cue 3.0 hardware & software.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport
140 Posts
I had a similar problem, on two occasions, with my 2014 CTS. The first time it fixed itself but the second time I noticed that under my radio settings, number of favorites shown, none of the options were selected/activated. I selected AUTO and everything was fine.
In my case the grayed out screen just showed the number of the pre/set eg: 1,2,3,4,... rather than the radio station number. Even so the preset favorite had been saved and was properly displayed on CUE after correcting the Number of Favorites Shown.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just had my 2014 SRX Que updated by a Cadillac dealer at the recommendation of the Que hotline. Now all my presets are grayed out only one through five work. I had the Que screen replaced under warranty two years ago
I just called the Que hotline and was informed this is a continuing problem GM is working on that happens after the Que system is upgraded and that they are well aware of it.
they recommend I give it 30 days and call back in December if there is still an issue. I was also advised not to have my CTS updated until this problem is resolved.

·
Registered
36 Posts
There's a software update available to correct this issue. It's in TSB 19-NA-249. Possibly an over the air update. Read about it on gm authority. I have a 19 ats v that has experienced this a few times. I complained to Cadillac months ago . They sent me a $100 certificate to use on future service , but never mentioned whether they had heard other complaints or that they were working on a fix.

·
Registered
2018 ATS-V SDN (White, Blk Recaros, Lux/Safety, Red Brems, Blk Rims, Sun Roof, 6sp)
526 Posts
Hi guys,

My 2018 V recently started experiencing this issue where the preset stations on the CUE get greyed out and you can't select them. Even if you manually go and reset the stations, after some time, they just get greyed out again.

Anyone else experienced this and has found a working fix?

·
Registered
391 Posts
It's a known issue with Cue 3.0, GM released a bulletin on it about 2 months ago and said a software update was coming. Not sure if it's available yet.

·
Registered
2019 ATS Coupe
23 Posts
TSB 19-NA-249 does absolutely nothing to fix this problem. I am so disgusted I would never buy another Cadillac. They have ruined the experience of owning an otherwise great car. Sounds like a small issue, but when you've had to reset 25 XM presets 100 times, it's really annoying. How ironic that CUE displays that monthly warning about the dangers of distracted driving. This is my biggest distraction.

Mine started in June 2019. I bought my car in January and it was prefect. The June over-the-air update messed up my CUE and the November TSB did nothing to fix it. It's a disgrace. 13 months owning the car, 8 months it hasn't worked right. And they just really don't care. If they did, it would have been fixed months ago. 34 years a GM owner and 16 with Cadillac. I now hate the company and hope it goes bankrupt. They are scum. Cars are complex. I get that. But I don't like problems just being ignored.

Since that June update, sometimes my navigation doesn't load. If you stop and restart, it will come back. Also, the system is just generally slower. Even when my presets don't gray out, for 1-5 minutes after starting the car, you can't select them. And some days, like today, I drove the car and could not tune XM Radio at all. It was stuck on one station which could not be changed by the touch screen, steering wheel buttons, or voice command.

CUE is total garbage. Any other system I've used in cheap rental cars is better. My former vehicle, a 2014 Cherokee, had great electronics. GM should dismiss its clown car of an IT department and just license UConnect from FCA. And Cadillac wants us to trust Super Cruise to drive for us? Why not just shoot yourself instead?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Incomprehensible to me that Cadillac's IT department displays zero urgency in correcting this issue. Maybe most people didn't perform the June software update. Before that update my favorites never grayed out but the screen would occasionally freeze up and not respond to any inputs except for the climate controls , they always worked. But after the June update the screen has never frozen up, not sure if it's a coincidence or not.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The update to fix the favorites graying out was released in September, but it doesn't work. A major fail by Cadillacs IT department

·
Registered
2019 ATS Coupe
23 Posts
Incomprehensible to me that Cadillac's IT department displays zero urgency in correcting this issue. Maybe most people didn't perform the June software update. Before that update my favorites never grayed out but the screen would occasionally freeze up and not respond to any inputs except for the climate controls , they always worked. But after the June update the screen has never frozen up, not sure if it's a coincidence or not.

I wish I didn't perform that June update. From January to June before that, I never had any glitch whatsoever with CUE. The update was over the air and gave you the option whether or not to accept. If I remember, there actually is a disclaimer on that screen absolving Cadillac of blame if something goes wrong. How interesting that they need to say that. I guess that should have been a warning. But I thought, "Well, I might as well update. Surely Cadillac wouldn't send out something that wasn't tested." Boy, what a mistake. The November TSB wasn't over-the-air. It also fixed nothing.

My ATS Coupe was exactly the right car for me. It's a great car. But at this point, I'd love to fill it with explosives, drive to Cadillac HQ, and light the fuse. It's just sickening. I think my next step is to have my dealer get a new CUE unit and rip this one out. I don't think these problems are widespread. My service advisor was told by Cadillac these problems started on cars that applied the June update but didn't have the problems that the update was meant to correct. Who knows. Maybe a new unit from the factory would work. Can't be worse. Pretty sad that you could go to AutoZone and buy a unit that would give you GPS, satellite radio for probably $100 and it would work better than this garbage.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts