Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone im new here and need answers?
Please help!

So I bought a pre-owned escalade(2006) Saturday 10/09/2021 afternoon and everything was fine until today 10/11/2021

I noticed that my cue goes on and off while listening to music then the screen goes black for 8-10 seconds then comes back on I figured it could be a fuse or a loose wire? Can anyone tell what it might be?

·
Registered
02 Escalade,96 Aurora,with Shelby engine
586 Posts
Cue going out?Known problem with newer models
Heck my 2016 SRX that always garaged and has 12K on it has a bad CUE.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cue going out?Known problem with newer models
Heck my 2016 SRX that always garaged and has 12K on it has a bad CUE.

I see. Would it be more cheaper/better to fix it by yourself or just bring it to an actual dealer for a second opinion ? I thought of doing myself since YouTube vids sometimes help.

·
Registered
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
2,768 Posts
Please help!

So I bought a pre-owned escalade(2006) Saturday 10/09/2021 afternoon and everything was fine until today 10/11/2021

I noticed that my cue goes on and off while listening to music then the screen goes black for 8-10 seconds then comes back on I figured it could be a fuse or a loose wire? Can anyone tell what it might be?
With a 2006 MY you do not have CUE. CUE débuted in 2013 on the XTS.

You could try a reset of the system by removing the neg cable from the battery for about an hour or so, then reconnect it. This worked for my '04 SRX when the screen 'froze' and would not function. If that does not work the next thing to do is to have codes read to see if there is a module that is acting up. If no codes, then the radio/nav wiring would, I think, be the next thing they would look at.

·
Super Moderator
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
13,813 Posts
Please help!

Welcome to Cadillac Forums, 3zyPzy1-
Is your model year a 2006 or was that a typo?

Please clarify.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts