Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone, are you guys or gals having issues with the cue when playing music, where the music would crap out and sounds like music is repeating itself like a stuck skipping track? This has happened on my vsport and my little sisters 2014 ATS, now recently, I'm getting seems like intermittent amplifier issues where the audio would drop to low then come back up to where I set it at, thus occurred 5 times already within a week, maybe could be all the solar storm and magnetic field issues we have been having lately :)

·
Registered
2014 CTS-VSport Premium
159 Posts
Probably acquiring and losing the HD signal. Depends on your location. Does it seem to happen in the same area?

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably acquiring and losing the HD signal. Depends on your location. Does it seem to happen in the same area?
nope random areas. and many times passing through same areas and would occur at one spot then come back another time and no issues.

weird is my sister 2014 ATS is experiencing this too, more often on hers.

12,778 Posts
Hey lo_o1zero,

I'm sorry to see you're having issues with the music in your CTS Vsport. Please contact our CUE infotainment support team at 855-478-7767, and they can assist you further. They're open from 8AM-10PM Mon-Sat. Please follow up with me via PM if they are unable to assist you, and we can explore additional options.

Sincerely,

Geoff G.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac CTS V
48 Posts
Thanks for that Geoff G.

I had read this post previously, but I just experienced this for the first time today, i was on my drive home, i could hear that the sound was not great listening to the radio station, looked over at the screen, CUE was trying to acquire HD signal. then all of a sudden the sound stopped and all i can hear was the equivalent of a CD track skipping, it went on for a few seconds, got rattled so I changed the station and the sound went mute and then about 30 seconds later the sound returned as normal. I'm taking my car for service this week, I will mention it to my Cadillac service manager.

12,778 Posts
Glad to hear that you will be addressing this CUE issue with your dealership, smooth0033. Please keep us posted on any developments, and feel free to send a PM our way if you would like any additional assistance.

Have a great day,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey lo_o1zero,

I'm sorry to see you're having issues with the music in your CTS Vsport. Please contact our CUE infotainment support team at 855-478-7767, and they can assist you further. They're open from 8AM-10PM Mon-Sat. Please follow up with me via PM if they are unable to assist you, and we can explore additional options.

Sincerely,

Geoff G.
Cadillac Customer Care
Hi Geoff,

Thanks for the reply and guiding me to the right path. Will call them soon. thanks again.

----------

Thanks for that Geoff G.

I had read this post previously, but I just experienced this for the first time today, i was on my drive home, i could hear that the sound was not great listening to the radio station, looked over at the screen, CUE was trying to acquire HD signal. then all of a sudden the sound stopped and all i can hear was the equivalent of a CD track skipping, it went on for a few seconds, got rattled so I changed the station and the sound went mute and then about 30 seconds later the sound returned as normal. I'm taking my car for service this week, I will mention it to my Cadillac service manager.
Yeap same here, change the station and about 30 seconds it clears up.

·
Registered
2015 CTS Vsport Premium
1 Posts
I’d like to put my two cents in on this one. First of all, HD Radio does not stand for “high definition” or “hybrid digital” It is just a brand name. A digital signal is not as strong as an analog signal and it is also slower, since the digital signal has to pass through a processor so you can hear it. You may notice an echo effect when the radio switches from the regular analog to an HD signal. Once you get out of a greater metropolitan area, it will get harder to retain the digital signal, and thus the radio will switch back to its original analog signal. My advice would be to go to the Cue radio page, and under the menu selection turn HD Switching Off. I don’t think the dealers are going to find any wrong with these radios. A digital signal is hard enough to get in a stationary position, let alone a moving vehicle.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’d like to put my two cents in on this one. First of all, HD Radio does not stand for “high definition” or “hybrid digital” It is just a brand name. A digital signal is not as strong as an analog signal and it is also slower, since the digital signal has to pass through a processor so you can hear it. You may notice an echo effect when the radio switches from the regular analog to an HD signal. Once you get out of a greater metropolitan area, it will get harder to retain the digital signal, and thus the radio will switch back to its original analog signal. My advice would be to go to the Cue radio page, and under the menu selection turn HD Switching Off. I don’t think the dealers are going to find any wrong with these radios. A digital signal is hard enough to get in a stationary position, let alone a moving vehicle.
Thanks for the info audiobuff, i agree with you on that, coming from an electronics background, i should of thought about that, i guess once i'm home all work goes out the window.
i'll be sure to turn that off when i'm in certain areas that can affect the signal, i took the car to the dealership yesterday and Crestview in west covina, great service since the day i bought the car from there, is why we were a return customer for 2 more cars, the service advisers there was so helpful they even help to jump start my cousins car that had a bad battery on her toyota rav 4, Thanks to JD one of the service adviser. Same info i got from them also audiobuff what you have mentioned about the HD Switching. Thank you sir for the update. I was glad the glove box was fixed too and they took care of some recall on the handles. whole other issue but satisfied.

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac CTS V
48 Posts
Thanks for your thoughts audiobuff and chiming in. I do know there is a digital signal that is being transmitted embedded in your analog signal that only an HD processor can pick up, but for those of us who enjoy AM radio HD is the best thing to happen to AM radio. To be able to get AM in the same quality as FM (sweet), anyone listening to a ball game or sports radio in HD would attest to that. I think for me the issue here is not soo much the HD signal strength but the effects of losing the signal and the skipping sound. I have had HD radio in my past vehicles for over 10 years, mostly in aftermarket head units and i can tell when the signal changes back and forth & that's not really an issue. But turning something off doesn't resolve a problem, if a vehicle is equipped with an option it should work properly. I currently have HD radio in my FX4, my M5, & Lexus GS and I've never had that skipping track issue once and I drive these cars in the same areas I drive my CTS, so for me turning it off would not make sense since my other HD radios are picking up signals fine in the area. In the 10+ years I've had HD radio I only had one module go bad on a 7 year old head unit and had to replace it.

I dropped the car off to Cadillac service on Wednesday & today my service rep called and said they ordered a part for my CUE & will be replacing a part/module, not sure what yet, i asked and he wasn't too sure of it himself he said he would have to ask the tech working on my car again and call me back. I will keep you guys posted.

FYI: I think West Covina and all of the LA metropolitan area should be picking up HD signal just fine, unless there's a dead spot sumwhere or you're in the canyons.

·
Registered
2014 CTS VSport sedan
64 Posts
I just bought a new 2014 VSport a little over a month ago, and the CUE audio did a similar thing - all audio went out. I tried AM, FM XM and even an SD card with tunes that had previously worked fine. The main screen showed the appropriate source, but no song info, and no audio. All other functions (GPS, etc.) were fine. The audio was out for a couple days, then mysteriously worked for a few more, and now is out again. Looks like I'm going to have to bring it in to the dealership. sigh.

·
Registered
CTS Vsport
177 Posts
I just bought a new 2014 VSport a little over a month ago, and the CUE audio did a similar thing - all audio went out. I tried AM, FM XM and even an SD card with tunes that had previously worked fine. The main screen showed the appropriate source, but no song info, and no audio. All other functions (GPS, etc.) were fine. The audio was out for a couple days, then mysteriously worked for a few more, and now is out again. Looks like I'm going to have to bring it in to the dealership. sigh.
check the tuner build version. The “Audio Soft Version” label should be 000474 or lower
press these buttons at the same time Home+Volume Down
more than likely needs software update installed

·
Registered
2014 CTS VSport sedan
64 Posts
check the tuner build version. The “Audio Soft Version” label should be 000474 or lower
press these buttons at the same time Home+Volume Down
more than likely needs software update installed
Thanks much for the advice. I was able to get into the maintenance menu. However, I wasn't able to find the version info you mentioned within the submenus. Can you clarify the directory path there? Thanks again.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks much for the advice. I was able to get into the maintenance menu. However, I wasn't able to find the version info you mentioned within the submenus. Can you clarify the directory path there? Thanks again.
should try to turn off HD Switching in the Radio Menu Options. Per audiobuff. and from the dealer also advise me to turn off HD Switching for a 1 week or so and see if continue to have the same problem and if i do to bring it back and they would switch out the radio, so far with HD Switching Off i haven't had the same issue how ever the quality is weaker then on HD.

·
Registered
2014 CTS VSport sedan
64 Posts
should try to turn off HD Switching in the Radio Menu Options. Per audiobuff. and from the dealer also advise me to turn off HD Switching for a 1 week or so and see if continue to have the same problem and if i do to bring it back and they would switch out the radio, so far with HD Switching Off i haven't had the same issue how ever the quality is weaker then on HD.
My problem was slightly different than your OP. ALL my audio went out (SD, AM, FM, XM), not just an HD problem. So, I don't think that option will help. Thanks for the info anyway. I'm hoping that 99ssconv replies with more on the directory path he mentioned...that's probably my problem: old sw.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport
879 Posts
I'm hoping that 99ssconv replies with more on the directory path he mentioned...that's probably my problem: old sw.
Here's the path you need:

- Home+Vol Down
- Tuner
- Traceability info
- Page down (once)

Audio soft version should now be displayed at the top of the page... FWIW, mine is 000474.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts