Cadillac Owners Forum banner
41 - 60 of 83 Posts
My 2016 ATS-V is on it's 5th Cue system.

1) Factory installed one failed a few days after taking delivery

2) replacement was bad out of the box

3) Replacement lasted 6 months

4) replaced again, lasted a while, actually never failed, but a Software update while in for service due to a back up camera repair and the software update bricked the Cue

5) Still working, although the back up camera is flickering again.

Discussion starter · #42 ·
My 2016 ATS-V is on it's 5th Cue system.

1) Factory installed one failed a few days after taking delivery

2) replacement was bad out of the box

3) Replacement lasted 6 months

4) replaced again, lasted a while, actually never failed, but a Software update while in for service due to a back up camera repair and the software update bricked the Cue

5) Still working, although the back up camera is flickering again.
Have you contacted GM Infotainment Customer Service to express your disgust and concern? Did you ask for an extended warranty to be added to your VIN in case the unit fails again once you are out of B2B?

I have a 2013 Cadillac SRX which has been having a response problem with the cue. It seems to happen most in extreme weather be it very cold or very hot. When I called the number (tel:855-478-7767) to report the problem, I was told Cadillac had no record of this being a problem. Is this a normal response? I only have 46,242 miles on the car. And this problem has been getting worse since December 2017.

Discussion starter · #44 ·
I have a 2013 Cadillac SRX which has been having a response problem with the cue. It seems to happen most in extreme weather be it very cold or very hot. When I called the number (tel:855-478-7767) to report the problem, I was told Cadillac had no record of this being a problem. Is this a normal response? I only have 46,242 miles on the car. And this problem has been getting worse since December 2017.
Sounds like your screen is on it's way out, and yes this is very typical behavior and they are well aware of the problem.
Unfortunately they will try and play a fool with you, so you will have to be persistent. Don't be afraid to show a little anger and frustration, just don't curse and try to be as polite as possible.
I would keep calling and demand support, I had to call about 5 times to get them to escalate my service request.

Just inherited a 2013 SRX FWD with ~30,000 miles on it and always garaged. In excellent shape except that it has the well documented CUE system problems(partial function of touch screen) so searched for a forum. If I understand SweetBlackATS4's experienced advice on the matter I'll need to get the system functioning and verified that it is fully functioning by a dealer before GM's Infotainment Services will entertain providing a CCL for a future repair, correct? I have much better than average auto mechanic skills and could replace the unit myself. Does anyone have a recommendation for the best place to buy a refurbished unit? Thanks!!!

Discussion starter · #46 ·
Just inherited a 2013 SRX FWD with ~30,000 miles on it and always garaged. In excellent shape except that it has the well documented CUE system problems(partial function of touch screen) so searched for a forum. If I understand SweetBlackATS4's experienced advice on the matter I'll need to get the system functioning and verified that it is fully functioning by a dealer before GM's Infotainment Services will entertain providing a CCL for a future repair, correct? I have much better than average auto mechanic skills and could replace the unit myself. Does anyone have a recommendation for the best place to buy a refurbished unit? Thanks!!!
Before you replace the screen, go to a Cadillac dealer and have their service department inspect the screen and verify that it is not operational.
Make sure you get a receipt that includes their findings.
Then, when you replace the screen contact GM Infotainment Services and explain what happened and that you demand extended coverage yada yada (see first post).

Stay away from refurbs... only buy a new screen.
You only need the haptic touch screen component. A handful of members have done the replacement and will know where to get just the screen. I believe most of them have procured the screen through alliexpress or ebay.
I found this on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/i/123220681082?chn=ps

Before you replace the screen, go to a Cadillac dealer and have their service department inspect the screen and verify that it is not operational.
Make sure you get a receipt that includes their findings.
Then, when you replace the screen contact GM Infotainment Services and explain what happened and that you demand extended coverage yada yada (see first post).

Stay away from refurbs... only buy a new screen.
You only need the haptic touch screen component. A handful of members have done the replacement and will know where to get just the screen. I believe most of them have procured the screen through alliexpress or ebay.
I found this on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/i/123220681082?chn=ps
Thanks!!! Have had dealer inspect and confirm what is working and what is not. Sounds like they are recommending a complete unit replacement instead of just the touch screen component.

Discussion starter · #48 ·
They will always recommend you spend more money, they are often referred to as "stealerships".. lol
Start with the screen, or be prepared to spend $1500.

It sounds to me like it is purely a screen issue.

Thanks!!! Have had dealer inspect and confirm what is working and what is not. Sounds like they are recommending a complete unit replacement instead of just the touch screen component.
They are "recommending" a complete unit because the replacement screen is not a factory serviced part.

Discussion starter · #50 ·
I see. Then your best bet is to do the repair yourself, or have a private shop do the repair.
Otherwise, you'll spend the money.

You can try and see if GM Infotainment can get you a reduced price for the replacement.

Hey I just happened to find this forum as I am having this issue with my 2014 XTS. They of course told me since I have 69,000 my bumper to bumper warranty has expired and of course the CUE does not have a recall on it. They may or may not be able to help with the cost to repair but to please call them after I leave the dealership. They are sending me a 100.00 voucher to cover the $140 diagnostic fee. Has anyone had Cadillac help pay for the cost of the repair? Any information to be armed with would help immensely as to possibly the proper wording of when I am dealing with GM customer service or the customer experience manager on this. So far this forum did help me get this far so thank you for that.

Cari
[

QUOTE="SweetBlackATS4, post: 16980721, member: 1024985"]
Anyone with CUE issues, I highly recommend you reach out to the team at GM Infotainment Customer Service.

Infotainment@gm.com
GM Infotainment Email Team
General Motors/Alorica Inc.
855-478-7767

Make sure you emphasize how important it is for the CUE system (touch screen specifically) to work in order for you to utilize the cars functions as intended.
Let Customer Service know you are concerned that you may one day have to repair the screen again at cost, just so you can control the cars integrated functions
such as navigation,Bluetooth, Pandora, calls, etc.
It is especially important that you inform them if you have already repaired the CUE at full cost or through an ESC (Extended Service Contract).
Be polite yet firm, making sure they know you will not stop pursuing the case until your issue is resolved in a fair and appropriate manner.

They are waiting for Cadillac owners with CUE to reach out to them so they can resolve the issue so take advantage of the opportunity.
The more customers who reach out, the better chance there is for GM to issue a recall and replace for all units or take action to address the failures across the board.
[/QUOTE]

Are there any success stories that pertain to GM covering the cost either partially or all. I am going through this now which is how I found this forum. Any help or knowledge would be much appreciated. I did follow the below script and they were very polite to me.
thanks for any help.

Anyone with CUE issues, I highly recommend you reach out to the team at GM Infotainment Customer Service.

Infotainment@gm.com
855-478-7767

Make sure you emphasize how important it is for the CUE system (touch screen specifically) to work in order for you to utilize the cars functions as intended.
Let Customer Service know you are concerned that you may one day have to repair the screen again at cost, just so you can control the cars integrated functions
It is especially important that you inform them if you have already repaired the CUE at full cost or through an ESC (Extended Service Contract).
Be polite yet firm, making sure they know you will not stop pursuing the case until your issue is resolved in a fair and appropriate manner.

They are waiting for Cadillac owners with CUE to reach out to them so they can resolve the issue so take advantage of the opportunity.
The more customers who reach out, the better chance there is for GM to issue a recall and replace for all units or take action to address the failures across the board.

You didn't ask for failure stories, but I'll give you mine. Caddy refused to do crap for me on two warranty issues (first was a headlight motor that failed, which I had brought in repeatedly to the dealer... yet a week after the warranty expired they did nothing). As for CUE-specific, I asked this Enterntainment division over phone and email, and got no response from either. I'm not surprised, as they have been utterly useless to me. I replaced the screen myself and have been participating in getting this matter turned into a class action suit...

You didn't ask for failure stories, but I'll give you mine. Caddy refused to do crap for me on two warranty issues (first was a headlight motor that failed, which I had brought in repeatedly to the dealer... yet a week after the warranty expired they did nothing). As for CUE-specific, I asked this Enterntainment division over phone and email, and got no response from either. I'm not surprised, as they have been utterly useless to me. I replaced the screen myself and have been participating in getting this matter turned into a class action suit...
They did issue me a $100 which I have to pay $140 for the diagnosis of what I know is wrong. They said they will see when I call back what I was told by Cadillac. This is so disheartening. HOW ON EARTH... with all of these failures of this system, that they do NOTHING for those who trust and spend the money on Cadillac.
Thanks for responding Schwinn.

Caroline

Infotainment@gm.com
855-478-7767

Thank you for this info!
I have a 2019 POS CTS and after 4 weeks the cue system went black along with other goodies. The morons at the dealership had the arrogance to tell me it was due to myself not signing into the cadillac app in the vehicle causing it!!! Yes I was really told that and even the porters whispered that the new cue system is a nightmare. My car has been in the service department for over a month and they finally replaced the cue system! when I asked how am i going to be compensated they had dumb looks on their faces as I was lucky enough they even repaired it.
Im not letting this one go so I emailed that infotainment and already made a complaint with G/M in which when those mush's call they never give you a answer of any sort in regards to compensation or voucher to use for cadillac products/upgrades.

its a shame how bad it become

One of the things I did not like about my 2013 ATS was the CUE. I had no break down with it I just hated it. I traded that car in after 10 months and got a CTS Coupe. And if they still have that CUE when I go to buy a new car it will not be a cadillac.

Have been on this forum for 5 years and it appears nothing has changed in GMs response to the Cue issue, I am assuming this problem is across the line for any Cadillac model with Cue since its 2013 introduction, the real question is what percentage of these units have failed since introduction, any estimates

41 - 60 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.