Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac ATS
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start by saying you'll probably never find a bigger Cadillac enthusiast/loyalist than me. Even through all the negativity and poor outlooks the vast majority of auto enthusiasts have on this brand I've still managed to see something in Cadillac others cannot. I love this brand and probably will always love this brand. Having said that I'm slowly starting to lose my patience...

The day I leased my 2014 ATS back in April was probably one of the most exciting days I've experienced out of my young life thus far. Between then and now I've probably had my car in the shop 4-5 time for a variety of different issues. Most have been minor luckily, but none the less extremely frustrating. First there were a couple of recalls, then came the glitch in my CUE system, shortly followed by a mysterious rattling/creaking noise no one could even figure out. Now my CUE system has suddenly decided to go blank at random, and my backup camera has ceased to appear.

I have a service appointment with my dealership set for Friday morning, but here's the kicker. They can't guarantee me a loaner vehicle. Now forgive me for sounding greedy but since I invested my money in what I feel is a prestigious luxury/performance vehicle, the least the service department could do is lend me a loaner. And not just some random loaner. A CADILLAC loaner. Johan De Nysschen is accurate in what he says about Cadillac customer experiences. These dealerships don't treat you like you're a luxury car customer.

I'm willing to let them hold on to the damn car as long as possible because I just want all the issues sorted out. I'm sick of having to return to the shop every 4 weeks due to a new issue. It's difficult being a lover and enthusiast of this brand especially when everyone you talk to refers to them as crap. You really do start to wonder after a while if they're right.

Now that I'm done venting since I'm clearly extremely frustrated and fed up, hear me out GM. Get your shit together. STARTING with Cadillac. Guarantee you BMW owners don't experience recurring issues like this...

·
Registered
Cadillac technician
669 Posts
PI1126D: Blank Screen After Startup and Reverse, Rear View Camera Message On, Touch Screen Inoperable, Bluetooth® and Navigation Concerns - (Aug 25, 2014)

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury (TOTALLED) / 2015 BMW 328i XDrive Lux
1,970 Posts
^^ THANK YOU!!! I'm going to schedule an appointment on Monday myself.

12,896 Posts
Hello jeffc83,

I’m glad to see that jeiler9865 was able to provide you with some information regarding a frustrating issue such as this. Please let us know how things go with the dealership and feel free to PM me if you would like assistance at any point.

Enjoy your weekend,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
2019 AWD XT4 Sport in Horizon Red
841 Posts
Not getting a loaner would be a no-go for me with CUE issues. . . . they always are multi-day to resolve in my experience.

·
Registered
2014 ATS
2 Posts
Hey sir i'm seeing this forum now and i'm having issues with my 2014 cadillac ats. When I put my vehicle in reverse the rear camera doesn't come up. Any suggestions on what my issue may be?

Your CF account is activated. Welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.5l Red Obsession
39 Posts
I have posted this in the ATS section not realizing there was a CUE section I'm new to this forum.
My problems started in Oct 2015 dealer has had the car many times without resolving the issue.

My original post #23
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-ats-general-discussion-forum/380545-cue-center-cluster-not-working-2.html

The dealer had my car from Monday 3/14/2016 to 3/19/2016
on 3/20/2016 today 3/20 I started the car same problem CUE system touch screen & dash touch buttons do not come on after powering off and re-starting it functions. They have replaced 2 HMI 's , radio and some wiring. Anybody have any ideas on how to get this corrected? I have left a message at the dealers & emailed VOC contact.
Just spoke with Voice of Cadillac they have a call setup for 1:30pm with my dealer to see how to resolve this one more time, we love this car if only the CUE functioned.

Here's a pic of what they did last week & a pic on 3/20 with black cue & cluster.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well Cadillac had an engineer come out to diagnose my CUE system problem on 3/29 they had my car till Sat 4/2 replacing the same things they replaced on previous post. Driving home I put it in manual shift going down a hill it stays in drive, if you start out in manual shift it is in drive. After getting home started the car up CUE system is still not operating Black screen no touch buttons. The engineer replaced the radio stating it activates the system on startup radio works fine no CUE. Took it back to the dealer told them to keep till they can verify everything works.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well Cadillac had an engineer come out to diagnose my CUE system problem on 3/29 they had my car till Sat 4/2 replacing the same things they replaced on previous post. Driving home I put it in manual shift going down a hill it stays in drive, if you start out in manual shift it is in drive. After getting home started the car up CUE system is still not operating Black screen no touch buttons. The engineer replaced the radio stating it activates the system on startup radio works fine no CUE. Took it back to the dealer told them to keep till they can verify everything works.
They worked on my CUE system till Thursday when it went black again for the engineer at start up he had one last thing to try before they were going to do a buy back. I picked it up on Saturday it now works & boots up just as fast or faster than the 2016 ATS I had for a loaner not a single problem to date. I can't say enough good things on how my dealership Larson Cadillac of Fife, GM engineering, GM sales management and VOC have handled this problem.

If this would have been a safety issue I wouldn't hesitate for a second to have them do a buy back, If the CUE or any other problems occur we'll be getting a new 2016 ATS without hesitating I've enjoyed all the different loaners I've driven and now know exactly what options we want.

If anyone wants or needs to know what the simple fix is pm me I can't post it on a forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
They worked on my CUE system till Thursday when it went black again for the engineer at start up he had one last thing to try before they were going to do a buy back. I picked it up on Saturday it now works & boots up just as fast or faster than the 2016 ATS I had for a loaner not a single problem to date. I can't say enough good things on how my dealership Larson Cadillac of Fife, GM engineering, GM sales management and VOC have handled this problem.

If this would have been a safety issue I wouldn't hesitate for a second to have them do a buy back, If the CUE or any other problems occur we'll be getting a new 2016 ATS without hesitating I've enjoyed all the different loaners I've driven and now know exactly what options we want.

If anyone wants or needs to know what the simple fix is pm me I can't post it on a forum.
Can you text Me a message about the fix?
I have CTS 2016. There is Black console, no lights, būt reverse camera apears.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts