Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I start up my car and my screen is blank. I turn it off and start it again and it is still blank. Finally, as I am driving some crazy message in red pops up about it trying to upload something and it reads 0/100. Four hours later, everything is normal and my CUE is back. Was it trying to reboot itself? If so, why does it take so long? What caused this?

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V A8
80 Posts
What year is your car? If was probably an OTA update. They take several hours to complete.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2017 ATS-V. If this was an OTA update, taking several hours to complete while driving is ridiculous. The CUE is up and running now without any dealer service time. Good news for now. I know the systems have been problematic.

·
Registered
505 Posts
At first I was upset my 2016 wasn't capable of receiving OTA updates like the 2017+ cars... but after reading quite a few "my Cue screen has gone blank for a day!" posts I'm kind of glad that my 2016 is only capable of updates via USB and the SPS interface. They only take about 30-45 minutes, it's only updated when you want to do the update, and at this point I'm pretty sure GM won't be sending out any more updates for the 2016's.

Can you 2017+ owners disable the OTA updates, or is it something you have no control over? Also, is it pushed over the cellular connection, wifi, or onstar?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts