Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CTS V Sport Premium
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wouldn't it be nice if CUE displayed favorites in the dash information center that were in context with whatever you have selected on the dashboard (using the right side up/down steering wheel control)? So, for example if you have bluetooth/phone selected, when you push the favorites buttons on the right hand side of the steering wheel you would only get phone number favorites you have stored. Similarly, when you have audio selected, when you press favorites you would get audio stations. This would also hold true for nav. It's a bummer (to me) that it's all audio, all the time. It's all there, it seems, so Cadillac if you're listening..!

I'd have to say CUE would approach awesome (to me) with this one feature added! Right now, while it's not as bad as some of the reviews, it misses the boat (for me). Initiating navigation to my house (a stored favorite) is not as easy as it should be and similarly dialing favorite numbers always involves swiping around the touchscreen. And the voice command is verbose and SLOOOW. How sweet would it be to select the phone with the steering wheel toggle and then advance through your favorite phone numbers??!?

·
Registered
2016 XTS Premium
1,782 Posts
I just wished the CUE NAV system included interstate exit facilities - food, gas, hotel, etc., that are coming up and distance to them. Dont find much need to view the map anymore - too difficult to follow your route. Just listen to voice prompts for the most part. IMO 2nd Gen was a better system rich in functionality.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport Premium
550 Posts
You can somewhat do this by judicious selection of which favorites buttons you save items in, and then selecting the row that has those favorites by swiping right/left. IMHO, it is not a good idea to save your home address as a favorite. If someone steals your car, they can easily navigate home and rob your house too (assuming you probably have the garage door programmed also) I just use the "recent" addresses to select home.

You can show facilities on the map, and then if you touch on it, will give you the specific info.

·
Registered
2014 CTS V Sport Premium
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can somewhat do this by judicious selection of which favorites buttons you save items in, and then selecting the row that has those favorites by swiping right/left. IMHO, it is not a good idea to save your home address as a favorite. If someone steals your car, they can easily navigate home and rob your house too (assuming you probably have the garage door programmed also) I just use the "recent" addresses to select home.

You can show facilities on the map, and then if you touch on it, will give you the specific info.
Thanks for this suggestion but I don't like swiping that screen for favorites especially while driving. So, that's kind of a non-starter for me but... I did notice that one can access at least your phone favorites through the phone menu on the dashboard with the toggle on the steering wheel- it's more clicks than my idea of scrolling through the favorites but it's still pretty easy to do while your driving. So, I'm diggin' that.

As for having a favorite named "Home" I can see your point. So, I've renamed it "Police Station" :) But seriously folks, I do like the idea of using the recents and I've realized that the only "favorite" I want is my home address and it's always easy to find in recents. But it still could be easier. I'm playing with voice recognition (which I hate) and contacts to come up with a quicker method of invoking a nav favorite.

·
Registered
2014 CTS 3.6 LUX AWD; 2011 SRX AWD LUX (sold)
84 Posts
CTSVsport said:
You can somewhat do this by judicious selection of which favorites buttons you save items in, and then selecting the row that has those favorites by swiping right/left. IMHO, it is not a good idea to save your home address as a favorite. If someone steals your car, they can easily navigate home and rob your house too (assuming you probably have the garage door programmed also) I just use the "recent" addresses to select home. You can show facilities on the map, and then if you touch on it, will give you the specific info.
Good point, except that your home address is on your insurance ID Card in the glove box...and can quickly be entered into the nav system...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts