Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I am a new owner of a 2015 CTS (a week old) and overall very pleased with my purchase.

The CUE system is not as bad as most of the reviews say but it does have it's issues and I have faced one prominent one which is about Bluetooth connectivity.

There is no trouble connecting when the phone Bluetooth is already on before I start the car but if it is off and I try to connect after the Cue is on, it just keeps searching for the signal. I have checked with two different phone models (both android) and faced the same issue.

Has anyone else faced this issue and is there any solution or is it a software glitch? I don't want to keep the Bluetooth on as it drains the phone battery so that would not be an option.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
'19 CT6 Platinum 3.0TT
497 Posts
I have had some Bluetooth issues, but our of curiosity I turned off the Bluetooth on my phone got in the car and waited for the map to come up. After turning on the phone Bluetooth they connected. Interestingly, I turned the phone Bluetooth of and back on and they wouldn't connect (this is the issue I've had). Don't know if it's the car or the phone, but probably both. Different phone, Windows, and year car 2014. Generally I haven't had any real issues with the phone and car, both work together better than any combination I've had in the past.

12,778 Posts
Hi guys,

I am a new owner of a 2015 CTS (a week old) and overall very pleased with my purchase.

The CUE system is not as bad as most of the reviews say but it does have it's issues and I have faced one prominent one which is about Bluetooth connectivity.

There is no trouble connecting when the phone Bluetooth is already on before I start the car but if it is off and I try to connect after the Cue is on, it just keeps searching for the signal. I have checked with two different phone models (both android) and faced the same issue.

Has anyone else faced this issue and is there any solution or is it a software glitch? I don't want to keep the Bluetooth on as it drains the phone battery so that would not be an option.

Thanks in advance.
Good morning cts2015,

Congratulations on your recent purchase! I am so happy to hear that you’ve enjoyed your Cadillac ownership experience so far. I understand how a Bluetooth issue like this would take away from some of the fun of driving your new CTS, and I’d recommend reaching out to our Infotainment team to discuss the situation. The Infotainment team can be reached at 855-428-3669 from 8am to 10pm EST, seven days a week and they are our experts on the CUE. If they are unable to help troubleshoot your Bluetooth concern, please let me know and we can look into additional options.

Have a great day,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Austin,

Thanks for the reply.

I am based in Dubai, UAE. Do you have any Infotainment helpline in Dubai or Middle East?

Otherwise, can I email the team in the US?
I am also having some issues with the auto memory recall feature of the seating.

Rahul

Good morning cts2015,

Congratulations on your recent purchase! I am so happy to hear that you’ve enjoyed your Cadillac ownership experience so far. I understand how a Bluetooth issue like this would take away from some of the fun of driving your new CTS, and I’d recommend reaching out to our Infotainment team to discuss the situation. The Infotainment team can be reached at 855-428-3669 from 8am to 10pm EST, seven days a week and they are our experts on the CUE. If they are unable to help troubleshoot your Bluetooth concern, please let me know and we can look into additional options.

Have a great day,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport Premium
550 Posts
Be sure you've actually saved the seat position, you have to hit the memory button and then the "1" or "2" button.

To get the seat into position, you have to hold the button until the seat reaches the final position.

12,778 Posts
Hi Austin,

Thanks for the reply.

I am based in Dubai, UAE. Do you have any Infotainment helpline in Dubai or Middle East?

Otherwise, can I email the team in the US?
I am also having some issues with the auto memory recall feature of the seating.

Rahul
Hi Rahul,

Although I cannot assist customers or dealerships located outside of the United States, I can forward your information to our regional representatives in your area. If you can PM me with your VIN, mileage, preferred dealership, personal contact information, and any related case numbers, I can get this in the hands of our contact in UAE.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Austin,

Thanks for your support. I visited the local service centre and explained the problems. Unfortunately, the electrical engineer was off duty and I was asked tovisit them another day. I am planning to go again on 23rd May so I would appreciate if you contact them too.

The other day I had a huge scare when the audio simply stopped working. I tried restarting but nothing happened. My phone was showing as connected but I could not access any contacts or media. The next time I sat in the car, it worked fine so I am guessing it is the Bluetooth issue again.

I am thinking the software has to be upgraded or at least re-installed. The service centre guy said the software update release for CTS is still pending whereas it has already been released for other models. When is GM planning to release the CTS update?

Also, my glove box is still not opening and even the doors get stuck sometimes during passive opening. I have to open twice in spite of hearing the unlock sound. Is this also related to the software?

The requested details are as follows:
VIN is 1G6A85SX8F0115347
Mileage is 250 km
Preferred Dealership is Liberty Auto, SZ Road, Dubai

My contact details are as follows:
Rahul Dravid
Mobile No: +971556808302

Hi Rahul,

Although I cannot assist customers or dealerships located outside of the United States, I can forward your information to our regional representatives in your area. If you can PM me with your VIN, mileage, preferred dealership, personal contact information, and any related case numbers, I can get this in the hands of our contact in UAE.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
04 CTS, 08 CTS, 12 CTS Prem, 14 CTS Prem, 16 ATS-V, 18 CTS-V
252 Posts
Welcome to grossly underpowered CUE, 3 core processor that dedicates 2 cores to whats probably the least utilized feature, voice recognition. Its extremely laggy at start up as it indexes your media and initializes the maps. It works pretty well after its running, try kwickag's recommendation of waiting for everything to initialize, FWIW I've never had connectivity issues with my Nexus 4/5/6 or my iPhone 6+. Well outside of the random disconnect/reconnect on longer trips.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts