Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to CF !!! Your other posts in incorrect forums have either been deleted or merged into this correct forum for YOUR vehicle. Sub.

I have a 2013 XTS 70k miles. My cue is completely not working with a blank black screen. My steering wheels button lights are not lighting up also.

- I bought a brand new battery
-I checked for blow fuses- none found
-i swapped my hmi and and cue unit into my buddys escalade and it worked! by worked i mean I got the cue to show up "theft lock" on the screen. Clearly its not going to be fully functional because of the different vins

Please let me know your thoughts or ideas on what to check and/or whats going on!
-Problem 1- non working cue
-Problem 2- non working steering wheels lights- The function of the steering wheel buttons DOES work

I have a 2013 XTS 70k miles. My cue is completely not working with a blank black screen. My steering wheels button lights are not lighting up also.

- I bought a brand new battery
-I checked for blow fuses- none found
-i swapped my hmi and and cue unit into my buddys escalade and it worked! by worked i mean I got the cue to show up "theft lock" on the screen. Clearly its not going to be fully functional because of the different vins

Please let me know your thoughts or ideas on what to check and/or whats going on!
-Problem 1- non working cue
-Problem 2- non working steering wheels lights- The function of the steering wheel buttons DOES work

·
Registered
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
2,642 Posts
The best thing to do is get body codes read to determine possible areas of malfunction. The CUE screen probably needs replacing. The lights in the steering wheel buttons, could just be the dimmer switch is on too low, try turning it up...if that is not it, maybe a bulb is out?

·
Administrator
2002 F55 STS, 2014 Explorer XLT, F-150s
74,562 Posts
Any pertinent info in the dedicated CUE forum?

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
the cue does work or it would not have popped up " theft lock". I will check the dimmer and reply back!
You said:
Problem 1- non working cue
I would say CUE is not working (at least as is it should because the screen is black ie. in-operative). The most common issue for this is a malfunctioning screen which can be replaced through cuescreens.com. But it could also be a module, hence get the codes read.
Since your dimmer control did not affect the lights, then perhaps a bulb of some sort behind the buttons, but that is just a guess.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You said:

I would say CUE is not working (at least as is it should because the screen is black ie. in-operative). The most common issue for this is a malfunctioning screen which can be replaced through cuescreens.com. But it could also be a module, hence get the codes read.
Since your dimmer control did not affect the lights, then perhaps a bulb of some sort behind the buttons, but that is just a guess.
ok checked module codes - cleared them and the ones that came right back were u0029( hmi control module-MOST bus performance) and B125c-04(radio-Satellite Antenna Circuit-open)

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Since you cleared it and the history code came back for the control module, then I would say to have that checked out (wiring and module). Loose wiring or a defective module may be your culprit for the black CUE screen. The open circuit for the antenna might be related or not to the module, or it could be wiring to the antenna. That's the best I can do for you. Maybe some one else with more knowledge on the subject will pipe in.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Should have mentioned that the U code is a history code, they often come back. But if it came back as a non-history code, then that would I say be the issue.

·
Registered
2015 CTS Performance
101 Posts
I can check those codes in the manual and see what they recommend. I'm curious, how did you read the codes? I have a simple scanner and it will only read generic Pxxxx codes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts