Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know if the Caddy CTS's built-in garage door opener is compatible with Genie Intellicode opening systems?

Thanks!

*Placed in other forum sections since this is a Cadillac accessory not specific to CTS. Other Cadillac owners may have the answer, but not read the CTS section - HotRodSaint*

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Are you talking about the rolling codes??? I am not fo sho, but I think it is. Have you tried programming it? The instructions are in the owners manual.

I think it is the "homelink" brand, and you can check with the garage door openers owners manual (if there is such a thing), and see if it is compatible. I know it doesnt work with mine, but i have an old school genie.

If I remember correctly, the way you program it is hold the outer 2 buttons, and hold the opener a few inches from the buttons. When the little light blinks, then let go of it and it should be programmed. Youll have to check on that one, but that I am pretty sure.

·
Registered
2016 XTS FWD Platinum
1,084 Posts
With a rolling code system, there are a couple of extra steps. Once you program as previously described, you have to go inside your garage and look for the "training" or "program" button on the back of your garage opener. It is sometimes behind a removeable panel. There is also usually a little light that will come after you push the button which means that it is "learning" mode. Once you do this, you have to go back to your car and press the button that was previously programmed by you for a few seconds so your garage unit will "learn" the signal. The little light by the garage buttons in your car should flash rapidly for a few seconds and then shine steady when pushing the button. After a few seconds, release the button and then push it again. Your garage door should now be moving up or down.

If you have any additional problems, let me know. I haven't met a UGO that I couldn't get programmed yet!

Max

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,789 Posts
So what was the verdict on this? Does it work, because I don't feel like taking out my rusty iron latter out and climbing it to find out if my garage door opener has a switch or not. Can any of you tell me please?

KOT

·
Registered
05 CTS 3.6L Raven Black Volant CAI,V-Exhaust,to many to list
567 Posts
It should work. I had to do the same procedure you described, but not with a Genie i think mines a Craftsman.

With a rolling code system, there are a couple of extra steps. Once you program as previously described, you have to go inside your garage and look for the "training" or "program" button on the back of your garage opener. It is sometimes behind a removeable panel. There is also usually a little light that will come after you push the button which means that it is "learning" mode. Once you do this, you have to go back to your car and press the button that was previously programmed by you for a few seconds so your garage unit will "learn" the signal. The little light by the garage buttons in your car should flash rapidly for a few seconds and then shine steady when pushing the button. After a few seconds, release the button and then push it again. Your garage door should now be moving up or down.

If you have any additional problems, let me know. I haven't met a UGO that I couldn't get programmed yet!

Max

·
Registered
2006 3.6-Volant CAI, V-exhaust, LED swap, Clear DRL, 6000k
1,698 Posts
i believe canada uses a rolling code (if rolling code means its not a steady signal, but pulses).. then yes the CTS visor gate/garage opener will work, just follow the steps in the manual
worked for me fine.

·
Registered
2006 CTS
55 Posts
I have a Genie Excelerator and the CTS opener works fine. Just follow the directions in the manuals for the opener and the car.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,789 Posts
I must ask all of you a question.

Did any of you realized I revivied a very, VERY old thread? I was told I was 7 years and 2 days too late. :) I'm a clown by nature so I just had to.

KOT

1 - 9 of 9 Posts