Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wow. saw this and my heart almost stopped. im loving this concept!

Does anyone know if we can get that front lip? or can we get someone to manufacture it?

here is the CTSM - Concept. knock yourselves out!

- NorCaler

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac CTS VSport
2,318 Posts
I see a picture as well.... Too bad for the few of you that cant view it.:p

·
Registered
03 CTS
1,353 Posts
Yeah I can see the picture also, Looks nice but I'm not a fan of slammin cars, that's only for show. If you actually drive the car you'll screw it all up by slamming it, unless u have an adjustible air suspension put in. Now if that caddy was at regular height, man that would be killer!!

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
It was gone for a while but it is back!

Yep, lowered, body painted grill and upper chrome strip painted. Nice wheels too. Very Stealth!

Hard to belive that is a 2002 concept CTS. Check out the back-up lights back then! That's really a low profile tire too. I wonder what size?

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
The second pic looks just like RobertCTSs car! The first pic is slammed way to low to drive, IMHO. I'm not into non-functional.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
The side skirts are bit different than the V and it's a single chrome exhaust.

What do you guys think of the "painted" strip above the grill? The idea has been kicked around a few times.

·
Registered
03 CTS
1,353 Posts
Well it all depends on personal taste, I for one like the single chrome strip with the body matched grill. but if your going for the stealth look painting that strip wouldnt be a bad idea.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Too bad GM never sold the front air dam (as well as body colored grill). It would have been much cheaper than the V front end conversion. I wonder why it never made it to production? This is what the 'sport model' should have had.

I kinda like the stealthy look of the painted (currently chrome) strip on the front of the hood. It goes with the blacked out look of the grill. It is obviously a 3.2L '03 with the single exhaust and no roof mounted antenna. It's interesting that the painted rear bezel was thought about this early. Likely to match the painted front grill on the other end.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hmm. after careful examination, i dont think there is a painted top chrome piece to the grill, its just the hood. looks better this way.

We need to find some people to make this add-on kit!

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Unfortunately, the chrome strip on our cars is through-bolted on the front of the hood. Painting it body color is our only option, other than leaving six nasty holes in the hood. Since our hoods are aluminum, welding up the holes and repainting it is no where near as simple as painting the existing strip.

I agree that someone should put this kit into production! It's by far the best one I've seen.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
If you plan to do the body painted grill, this strip removes easily and you can have it done at the same time. Have it acid etched first so paint adheres to the chrome strip.

·
Registered
CTS 3.6L 5sp Auto Silver Smoke with Neutral Interior
998 Posts
I like the look, even the rear bumper is a lil' different. The first pic is def. a photochop, anyone know how it looks stock? I can see the front air dam in the second pic and it looks good.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts