Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you noticed a dulling/discoloration on your window posts? Mine have become very dull and have an iridescent tint to them. They have been replaced once and within a week of having the second set installed under warranty they discolored again. I complained to the dealer. My dealer hasn't had any other CTS's come back with this problem. After talking with Cadillac, they found out that there ARE other CTS's are having this same problem. Cadillac has re-engineered the part. They determined that the soap used in car washes was to blame for the dulling and discoloration.

Just thought some of you might be interested in this information. FYI, the new window posts are taking forever to get in stock. I have been waiting three weeks already and still no parts in stock!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Interesting, if they re-engineered the posts, will they do a recall. The posts on my car still look good, but I'll watch them close. BTW, the dealler that I bought my car from gives us a free wash evey week, good deal uh?

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
97-99 vettes of which I had a '99 had problems with the leather coming off the seat bolsters. They fixed the problem in 2000 but wouldnt replace mine for free, so you got farther than me. I'd be surprised if they did a recall, but hopefully they wont hassle you when you want replacements.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Scott said:
Interesting, if they re-engineered the posts, will they do a recall. The posts on my car still look good, but I'll watch them close. BTW, the dealler that I bought my car from gives us a free wash evey week, good deal uh?
I don't think that item will merit a recall - service bulletin maybe, but no recall. That doesn't mean they won't replace the part.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I took delivery on an 04 luxury sport in late July and it had the same 'B' pillar trim problem. My friend just took delivery on an 04 luxury sport last week. They have changed the finish to a smooth satin black. I called the dealer, they ordered the new parts and I'm having them replaced tomorrow. So just call. I think they realized it was an error in engineering.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
i have a dts with nightvision and it has the satin finish gray grill (not the painted one) and i noticed after car washes its starting to look stained and faded.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
Caddy Man