Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a 2014 CTS Vsport premium that i bought just a few months ago. Recently I have been doing quarter mile runs and have noticed a trend.
When i start the car from cold and push hard after about two minutes of warming up, my boost gauge shows psi around 12-15 under full throttle. However after running the car for about 20min, it will barely go past 8psi. No matter what gear or how much throttle i give it, it won't go past that figure. It is a significant loss of power, and you can feel that something is not right.

Anybody have any similar experience or know what could be causing the issue?

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport
932 Posts
Very common... it's heat soak, possibly exacerbated by low/no coolant in the intercooler system. You might improve the situation by careful refill and bleeding of the intercooler... here's a video that will talk you through that process.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very common... it's heat soak, possibly exacerbated by low/no coolant in the intercooler system. You might improve the situation by careful refill and bleeding of the intercooler... here's a video that will talk you through that process.

Thank you. I had a feeling it might be the intercooler system because i have seen that video before, but i thought it better to ask the community just in case.
I will bleed it as soon as i can to get that precious horsepower back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts