Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am looking at a 2003 CTS to replace my 2003 Passat GLS turbo.

I like the CTS alot....are there any complaints about yours? I love my passat and its going to take a special car to replace it....

·
Registered
2003 1SC Diamond White CTS
3,281 Posts
VW is a nice car. You're definately not going to feel the turbo winding up anymore. If you can, get a 2004 with the 3.6L engine. You'll be a lot happier.

I have a 2003 and it's a great car, but I wish I had the 3.6.

·
Auto Enthusiast
1992 Eldorado Touring
3,688 Posts
I used to own a 2003 VW Passat 1.8T Turbo, slightly modified. The only thing I miss about it is the manual tranny and quality of the build.

I sold it when I went to Medical School in 2004, had to get rid of the car payment. In the 18,000 miles I drove it... I really enjoyed the modification potential, AutoX, and highway travel.

Are you comparing the CTS to the new B7 Audi A4 and new Passat? I really enjoyed the 3.6 liter Passat I drove a couple of months ago, but I am back into the RWD Hot-Rod wannabe phase :)

Goodluck!

·
Registered
CTS 3.6L 5sp Auto Silver Smoke with Neutral Interior
998 Posts
I used to own a 2003 VW Passat 1.8T Turbo, slightly modified. The only thing I miss about it is the manual tranny and quality of the build.

I sold it when I went to Medical School in 2004, had to get rid of the car payment. In the 18,000 miles I drove it... I really enjoyed the modification potential, AutoX, and highway travel.

Are you comparing the CTS to the new B7 Audi A4 and new Passat? I really enjoyed the 3.6 liter Passat I drove a couple of months ago, but I am back into the RWD Hot-Rod wannabe phase :)

Goodluck!
hey fleet,

what med school are you at?
i interviewed at VCU and EVMS last year. i am an M1 at uic chicago.

·
Registered
Cadillac
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, im comparing the cts to my passat. 1.8. The stealership made my decision for me. while I was out in the caddy, the dealer called my vw dealer and they said my car was not serviced properly, and that im their customer.....so...cts it is. I actually really like it...and with all the V goodies on it I will love it....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts