Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Just wanted to show a couple pics of a project that we have been working on for the past month and a half.

This is a project car that the have dubbed the CTS VR. The car is equipped with a supercharger and now a lot more rubber than before. What differentiates this from our wide-body flare package is that these flares are a little bit narrower, and we use different rockers. This V also has our spoiler, splitter and powerdome hood. Wheels are Forgeline with Michelin tires to go on tomorrow.

I will add some more pics when it is on the ground.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,006 Posts
Love the splitter!

You guys wouldn't be thinking of having another Open House this summer, say, Dream Cruise time, would you?

·
Banned
05 CTS-V
889 Posts
looks great! i like that it's not as wide as the last flares. now with the flares and a set of notched rear trailing arms i can only imagine the tires... 335s maybe? they'd be steamrollers!

would you guys make a set of CF mirrors? i dont know what my obsession is but i live that look!

·
Registered
E85 Powered - Maggie'd V
1,747 Posts
I like it MUCH better. The flares incorporate better with the side skirts and don't look so pronounced!

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V
433 Posts
I like the flares. I wonder how well it would look if it got molded to to the car.

Have you guys ever thought about making fenders/bumpers that are enlarged so you don't have to bolt on these flares? So it looks more seemless?

Also, is the hood down and latched? Maybe its because I am used to seeing a black car but it looks like a fairly large gap between the hood and the front bumper.

Car looks great though.

·
Registered
2011 CTS V
316 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Escalade, 2006 CTS-V
173 Posts
Also, is the hood down and latched? Maybe its because I am used to seeing a black car but it looks like a fairly large gap between the hood and the front bumper.

Car looks great though.
no thats how it looks on platinum. a lot of times i think mine is halfway open too :(

·
Registered
E85 Powered - Maggie'd V
1,747 Posts
I like the flares. I wonder how well it would look if it got molded to to the car.

Have you guys ever thought about making fenders/bumpers that are enlarged so you don't have to bolt on these flares? So it looks more seemless?
This is what I would love to see. Wider panels versus flares looks so much better to me. I think of the E30 M3 when I picture the sides.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)
17,712 Posts
That does look much better and I sure love the look of that power dome hood.

I was wondering, how hard would it be to blend them into the body? If there wasn't that step where the Flare meets the body it would look much more discreet and still allow you some wide meats. I'm not asking you to supply a different flare but if a body shop installed these is there enough material where it meets the body to blend them in or do you just need to use a bunch of filler?

BTW, I'm no body man and this may be a terrible idea. I just know what I would prefer to see.

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V
433 Posts
Having friends with SEMA level show cars, they all hate using a lot of filler/molding because it starts to sag or crack after real street driving(ie not glass smooth pavement) for extended periods of time. Either way, if you guys made fenders with this kind of flare, I would be all over them. Heck, I am not on the fence about these!

·
Registered
2010 Thunder Gray 6MT
2,122 Posts
Very nice! I need to stop by some time.

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
1,627 Posts
I love it and can't wait to see the finished product. :highfive:

Forgot to ask, Is this new style of fender flares and rocker panels going to be for sale anytime soon?

·
Registered
05 PLATINUM CTS-V
2,985 Posts
looks good! now dont forget the window tint. can't be fish bowling all summer

·
Registered
2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes
3,012 Posts
:drool:How much would a set up like this run?? Is this the shop's vehicle or for a customer??

·
Registered
E85 Powered - Maggie'd V
1,747 Posts
Forgot to ask, Is this new style of fender flares and rocker panels going to be for sale anytime soon?
:drool:How much would a set up like this run?? Is this the shop's vehicle or for a customer??
Specter Werkes Sports, How can you skip the most important questions??:thepan:

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Yes, we will be hosting an open house this summer for the Woodward Dream cruise
you need to get a mailing list going for the open house
Love the splitter!

You guys wouldn't be thinking of having another Open House this summer, say, Dream Cruise time, would you?
Very nice! I need to stop by some time.
Let's meet!!

Specter, how much would it cost to repair my rear fascia? I have a crack dead smack in the center?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts