Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2017 XT5 Platinum, 2011 & 2007 DTS Performance, PAST: 2008 CTS Performance
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

You might have remembered this post http://cadillac.gmblogs.com/2008/04/field_work.html where they CTS-V engineers where performing winter testing on the car.

Although it was a Mule, that car really stood out to me, especially because of the black paint / black grille combo.

I was just clearing off my computer and found this image from back in the spring, where I modified the CTS-V with a black on black (at that time, the only full-res pictures available were thunder gray, so I had to modify it to appear black, so ignore the harsh paint job, I did it to get a general idea).

If there was only one thing I could change with the CTS-V, I think the grille should be black.

What do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
09 cts-v
254 Posts
Hey Everyone,

You might have remembered this post http://cadillac.gmblogs.com/2008/04/field_work.html where they CTS-V engineers where performing winter testing on the car.

Although it was a Mule, that car really stood out to me, especially because of the black paint / black grille combo.

I was just clearing off my computer and found this image from back in the spring, where I modified the CTS-V with a black on black (at that time, the only full-res pictures available were thunder gray, so I had to modify it to appear black, so ignore the harsh paint job, I did it to get a general idea).

If there was only one thing I could change with the CTS-V, I think the grille should be black.

What do you think?
I need to see it in person as is, but the black looks great in the pic.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
Nice photoshop work! Looks great... Although in reality with the black grill the AC condenser, radiator, etc would really stand out. That could make quite a difference.

·
CadillacOwners First 09 CTS-V Owner
09 CTS-V, 08 Escalade
424 Posts
I think one of the best cosmetic vantages of the CTS-V is the stying of the front fascia.

I think with all that black, particularly in the lower fascia, the front styling lines of the car get lost. One thing that the mesh looking grill offers is a true distinction of the separate components. As Chris said, perhaps in person would tell another story.

Thanks for sharing!

Mike

·
Registered
2014 Standard SrX grey/black 2006 GTO
1,795 Posts
I actually don't mind the brightwork on the front of the car. It's the
chrome around the door trim and license plate I don't like.
Could you photoshop that in gloss black?

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Hey Everyone,

What do you think?
Well, you know what I'm gonna say...

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Although I will say that the V2 doesn't have the same toothy look with the grille because there is a lot of other brightwork on the front. On the V1, it's the silver grille and that's it. I think the V2 looks great with a silver grille or a black one...on a black V2, that is...

·
Registered
None. Looking to buy a new CTS-V.
29 Posts
I have to agree with the OP completely! The big ass chrome grill up front actually detracts from the looks IMHO. If I do pull the trigger and get this car I'll black out all the chrome, or most of it.

U.M.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts