Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Wagon-Raven Black, manual, satin graphite wheels
456 Posts
Seems like the Wagon kit should fit a sedan? Below the belt line the only difference between the two is the rear fascia, does it touch the rear fascia in a manner that would make it not work on a sedan?

·
Registered
CTS-V
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
D3's wheel flares ARE way too big, IMO. Canepa's kit is better looking to me. I'm not sure if it's a fender change or body work?
I know with D3 it's body work and filler.

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
Canepa and D3 both look good to me but you are right about D3's fenders being more flared. From the pics it looks like Canepa's fenders are add on's. It's easy to see especially around the front fenders and fascia.

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
$10k? Whoa.....love it, but $10k?

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
31 Posts
Love the Canepa kit! Visually, it seems as though the wagon kit would work on a sedan. If there are alterations to be made they'd be relatively minor. A good body shop with experience in composites would be able to make it happen. With that in mind, the cost of the kit is just scratching the surface. Chopping and modifying wheelhouses to fit those 345's is big bucks. Also, if it were my car, I'd have the Canepa flares sectioned into separate pieces for the bumpers, fenders/quarters and rockers. A one piece flare bonded to three separate parts will create issues down the line if you need to disassemble the car for service or body work. Can't take the bumper off if theres a flare connecting it to the fender and rocker. Maybe the Canepa flares are attached with hardware and moulding tape. My gut tells me they're attached with urethane panel bond. If urethane is involved, good luck getting the flare to separate from the body with out destroying something.

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
Agreed, I'd love to pick one up used.

·
Registered
CTS-V
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea, good points. I am looking at it now and seeing that they look like add ons...Awesome look though....geez........

·
Registered
09 DW 4DR,AT,Recaros,metco 2.4,RX c-can,AEM-A/F, 634hp,642tq
776 Posts
those two kits are identical. not sure what you people are looking at.

my mistake, you have to click the d3 link. I thought the two kits posted were the two in question.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V, 2009 535i
1,840 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts