Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CTS-V Wagon ROT/Black, Auto, Polished Wheels
62 Posts
I purchased a lightly used 2014 CTS-V Wagon yesterday (woman owned, stock with 5.5K miles on it). The vehicle build sheet shows a Vehicle Cover (RWJ Code).The Cadillac dealer I purchased this from in NH originally purchased this wagon from another dealer in PA for a regular customer in December 2013. The Vehicle Cover was not in the car when they received it. They apparently never pursued the issue. When I asked about it the salesman said he would get a part number an a price for it. (Fat chance)

I have a couple of questions before I chase one down. Does anyone have one of these factory vehicle covers for a wagon? How is the quality and the fit? Does it have any logo or emblem on it?

Charlie

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
There is at least one Vagon owner here who has one, hopefully he'll chime in.
I own a V coupe and have/use one of the OEM car covers. The fit is perfect, snug, and does a great job keeping out contaminates. I like mine enough that when there was a sale last year, I bought another to have on hand for when the current one eventually wears out.
There is a Cadillac emblem across the hood, and V emblems on each side (in silver/gray).

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Wagon-Raven Black, manual, satin graphite wheels
453 Posts

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
gmpartsdirect.com has the same cover for $288.40. Sorry couldn't copy the URL.

·
Registered
2014 CTS-V Wagon ROT/Black, Auto, Polished Wheels
62 Posts

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,145 Posts
I'd get the cover I posted up. It is the softest to avoid scratches. neuronbob has the OEM cover and really likes it, but I want the softest for my V. Just like oil, I guess, everybody has their opinion. But look at the link I posted, and read their writeup. I will be purchasing that one. The only drawback is it doesn't have the V logo (which is nice).

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
For indoor use I'd probably go with the one tinman suggested. It looks to be very good quality.
Tinman, let us know how you like yours when you get it. When/if my V gets an inside home I'll be looking. :)

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,145 Posts
And now you know why my daily driver CTS Wagon sits outside of our garage.

·
Registered
2011 cts-v wagon
298 Posts
Pet barrier made in Germany. Excellent quality. Clips too fold down seats & clip fasteners on upper plastic trim

·
Registered
14,145 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
It will be stored inside for the Winter months. I want to get the cover that was supposed to come with it to keep it complete. They didn't miss any options when this one was built. This V even came with the Pet Guard Cargo Net (ARH Code). I'd like to know how this gets used. :confused:
I thought all the wagons came with that pet guard cargo net deal? The bars on top of it go in the coat hooks I think. No idea how anything else attaches though. It mostly just annoys me as I don't want to take it out of the car and lose it but the velcro straps don't seem very good at securing it.

·
Registered
14,145 Posts
You lost me on this as we were talking about car covers.

The pet barrier is not too difficult to understand, but it doesn't have a strong capacity. And it is standard on all Vagons (to the best of my knowledge).

·
Registered
453 Posts
I'm good at topic changes, because I'm good at being the one that takes things off topic :)

·
Registered
14,145 Posts
A.d.d.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I got a car cover for my wagon from carcovers.com for $79.99. The car is garage kept so it's an indoor cover and works great. The fit is snug and when I take the car out of the garage there is no dust. Other covers might be softer but there is no wind indoors to move the cover around so I don't think it's a big deal. Also, it's not a daily driver so the cover is not coming on and off every day.

·
Registered
14,145 Posts
For indoor use I'd probably go with the one tinman suggested. It looks to be very good quality.
Tinman, let us know how you like yours when you get it. When/if my V gets an inside home I'll be looking. :)
Amazon $215. Waiting for delivery as of 05-27-15

1 - 17 of 17 Posts