Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V (Sold) 2005 Maggie CTS-V (Sold) 2005 Raven #3
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm getting really excited to get the new maggie V, but I have a buddy with a colbalt ss stage 4 pushing around 350 to the crank(so he says). He said he will wax me any day of the week. I am not one to talk big but I think I could have taken him with my old V. We never got a chance to run them.

1.I just wanted to know what kind of experiences you guys have had against other cars?

2.What have you won or lost to?

3.your mods?

I want to know if he is gunna blow me away and I will be left there with my foot in my mouth looking dumn.

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
457 Posts
Well I'm getting really excited to get the new maggie V, but I have a buddy with a colbalt ss stage 4 pushing around 350 to the crank(so he says). He said he will wax me any day of the week. I am not one to talk big but I think I could have taken him with my old V. We never got a chance to run them.

1.I just wanted to know what kind of experiences you guys have had against other cars?

2.What have you won or lost to?

3.your mods?

I want to know if he is gunna blow me away and I will be left there with my foot in my mouth looking dumn.
One thing you must remember: Not on the street.

Now - you have to consider all aspects, weight, launch, driver experience, road conditions and others. That said - here is my list of Kills.

E55 AMG
M3s, but not M6 (lost that one - I wish I see him again)
EVO - Heavily moded
C6 Z06
GTO
SRT-4 and 8

·
Registered
04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device
3,824 Posts
Is it a turbo cobalt or a blower cobalt? I dont know if the two handle the same but turbo car was in a road and track or something like that and waxed a lot of cars on the track. If its a twisty road he may have a hard time putting that much power to the ground being FWD. If you are on a straight road, even if he pulls in the 1/8th mile, I think the V would walk past him.

With just headers no cats and crane gold roller rockers I raced a C5 Z06 and we were dead even from 60 to 130 were he got out of it. Well actually I pulled out about a car, he reeled me in about 3/4 of a car and we just hung there.

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts
tell your buddy he needs stage 5. :D

·
Registered
Tis Gone :(
3,414 Posts
Kills:

Grand National modded
350Z - nitrous
umpteen Rustangs and Fbodies with and without mods. Have lost to a heavily modded SS
SL63 AMG
SL55 AMG
C5 Z06
WRX
C6 multiple
Terminator Cobra - light mods
Accord with HUGE turbo
M3
335i Dinan

I have also lost to modded WRXs, C6s, Terminator Cobra w/Kenne Belle, and a BAD ASS Duramax 2500 that runs 10s

·
Registered
04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device
3,824 Posts
Dont forget to turn traction control off. It will kill every shift if you dont.

When I was stock I went two rounds with a modded SS Camaro. Fist run was unexpected and I didnt even think to kill the TC. He beat me. Every shift the TC would engaged and he pull a little more every time. Second run turned out more to my liking with the TC off. We went from a dig and I pulled half a car out of the whole and just kept pushing him back.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I believe it's a 2005 or 2006 so it would be the supercharged one. With my 04 v I took down a STI, Charger, and a modded srt4.

Yeah I learned the traction control thing to just like you. I had a friend of mines VW jetta modded with aroud 275 whp and was running an old 80's camaro and couldn't figure out why he was taking me he only had a stock 350. Looked down on my way home T/C was on the whole time and would kill the turbo as soon as it started spinning. Felt like a dumb a$$. Met up with a newer camaro with ls1 and hit T/C and blew him away. That was the fastest jetta I have ever seen.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,006 Posts
Don't those Cobalts run like 5.2 sec 0-60 stock? Don't know what "Stage 4" entails (uppipe, downpipe, bigger turbo, etc ?), but with a maggie, you should be able to out accelerate him ... at least, I'd think so.

·
Registered
06' cts-v infrared
243 Posts
Try to make sure you go from a roll. This would be a lot easier on your diff..
2nd from 20 or 3rd from 55 or so. ;)

·
Registered
2010 Thunder Gray 6MT
2,122 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Don't those Cobalts run like 5.2 sec 0-60 stock? Don't know what "Stage 4" entails (uppipe, downpipe, bigger turbo, etc ?), but with a maggie, you should be able to out accelerate him ... at least, I'd think so.
Yeah Idk what the stage 4 entails either he hasn't let me see under the hood yet. I am hopping the maggie will be able to chase him down. Yeah I plan on doing only rolling races with the new one. No more digs for me. I checked on a new rear diff from a dealership by me and they said it was the same part number for 04-07 is this true? They price quoted me at $2,700 for labor and install.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, Black
2,165 Posts
Mannn I need a maggie.

·
Registered
05 PLATINUM CTS-V
2,985 Posts
hope this helps.. i am a p#$$y when it comes to the drag strip. i dont want my diff to esplode and to be honest i am not very good at launching the V. this night sucked because i didnt know if you go faster then 14.00 then you have to have a helmet. so i was just "relaxing". but anyways this kid claimed he had all sorts of stuff done to his SS.. it was pretty fast

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/2005-CTSV-VS-SS-SC-Cobalt_192843.htm

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice run, I wonder what a maggied V runs in the quarter?:hmm:

By the way I loved your rims before you crashed that thing. :crying2:

·
Registered
05 PLATINUM CTS-V
2,985 Posts
Nice run, I wonder what a maggied V runs in the quarter?:hmm:

By the way I loved your rims before you crashed that thing. :crying2:
thank you, yea after i crashed it i opted to put some flat black stockers on. its a completely different car w/o the 20's.. the fastest i have ever got the V to go in the 1/4 mile is 13.5

1 - 20 of 61 Posts