Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Goddamn that V sounds nice! Actually that raspy exhaust note kinda reminds me of the black '68 Mustang in Bullitt. What kinda aftermarket exhaust does he have on that V??

You guys are gonna call me crazy, but I think the SRT-4, when equipped with the right aftermarket exhaust and BOV, sounds amazing...probably the best sounding I-4 out there.

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
Goddamn that V sounds nice! Actually that raspy exhaust note kinda reminds me of the black '68 Mustang in Bullitt. What kinda aftermarket exhaust does he have on that V??

You guys are gonna call me crazy, but I think the SRT-4, when equipped with the right aftermarket exhaust and BOV, sounds amazing...probably the best sounding I-4 out there.
I've been with the SRTforums since the place has first opened up and they do sound nice but I think the ebst sounding 4 cylinder out there would have to be the WRX's or STI's. That Boxer engine damn near sounds like a V8, awesome sounding exhaust if done properly

·
Registered
1996 DeVille, 1985 Brougham SAGE GREEN!
2,750 Posts

I drove one, it was painted like a Viper GTS/R, white with blue stripes, not sure what mods,but it had a body kit, and the BOV sounded like an explosion. Wicked fast. Comparable to an EVO. And it sounded damn good for a 4cyl.

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
ahhahahhaa
i love how they all made that one guy who thought he was a know it all run
V 6 ROFL!

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
srt guys are not very nice to each other...

everytime I come across one, they always want to race. and probably every one of them is modded to high heaven...

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
srt guys are not very nice to each other...

everytime I come across one, they always want to race. and probably every one of them is modded to high heaven...
It would be a lot more of a challenge to find a stock SRT-4 versus a modded one. Those guys go crazy wit mods and some of them are running 12's and a handful are running even faster

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
It would be a lot more of a challenge to find a stock SRT-4 versus a modded one. Those guys go crazy wit mods and some of them are running 12's and a handful are running even faster
with all the boost and spray, I wonder what they change more often, engine oil or engines?

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
with all the boost and spray, I wonder what they change more often, engine oil or engines?
Dodge offers 3 stage kits for the SRT-4 and just doing the Stage 3 kit alone will get you into the 12's. But the popular mod's are doing a 50 trim setup and just reworking the piping as well as putting in bigger intercoolers. As much as people want to knock on those cars for being "Just a Neon" then they really have no idea as to what the car is capable of. My gf and I went to Englishtown to watch the NHRA's Sport Compact Series and a guy was there with just a normal looking SRT-4 minus the wing and he did a 9 second pass. But once these guys start putting all these mod's on then they will only race from a roll and not a dig. The cars are highway monsters more then anything. Go to the srtforums.com and go into the forums section and scroll down to the SRT videos section and you will see what I mean. These guys are gunning for modded Terminator Cobra's!

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
On the forum they said the V was spraying. Is this true?

This story actually reminds me of the time I was raced by a modded SRT-4. We were getting on the highway and I was going pretty fast down the onramp. I obviously wasn't racing because of my engine and I am not an idiot to race on a crowded highway. Street racing is a 3 year licence suspension. No thanks. Either way he smoked me and the passenger was laughing as they zoomed by for some reason. I think I peaked at 85mph which was casual driving for me. Either way my friend got the best of them in his MAZDASPEED6 after they passed me.

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
On the forum they said the V was spraying. Is this true?

This story actually reminds me of the time I was raced by a modded SRT-4. We were getting on the highway and I was going pretty fast down the onramp. I obviously wasn't racing because of my engine and I am not an idiot to race on a crowded highway. Street racing is a 3 year licence suspension. No thanks. Either way he smoked me and the passenger was laughing as they zoomed by for some reason. I think I peaked at 85mph which was casual driving for me. Either way my friend got the best of them in his MAZDASPEED6 after they passed me.
What mods does your buddies MS6 have done to it? The SRT-4 is faster stock for stock and especially from a roll the SRT-4 will kill a MS6 due to the MS6's weight and AWD system. But either way I'd still take the MS5 over the SRT-4 even though I know what those things are capable of doing

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
I wanna see someone make an old GLH-S as fast as a SRT-4. :stirpot:

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
I wanna see someone make an old GLH-S as fast as a SRT-4. :stirpot:
There's a guy over on the SRTforums who has a modded up Omni GLHS but I don't see him over there that much anymore. There was a guy selling one on ebay not too long ago and it was like brand new damn near. It was one of the first 300 to roll off the line I believe and it had like next to no miles on it. They are a hell of a sleeper

·
Registered
93 Seville STS
25 Posts
That V was sick, sounded very mean.

I used to have 2 SRT-4's one with a Mopar S3R upgrade(320whp 335wtq) and a stock SRT-4 ACR. My ACR put 231whp and 250wtq bone stock, definately no match for a CTS-V, but my S3 car could hand a lightly modded LS1 F bod it's a** pretty easily, I would have loved to race a LS6 V. SRT-4's feel much faster than they actually are so the owners want to race everybody lol.

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray V
1,567 Posts
any small car moving faster then stock seems very fast. Look at the older Caddy or even the DTS it floats or feels that way. Its easy to make a car that is light go fast. That V was bad ass. He was not spraying. Look very close and turn up your speakers loud you will see the white smoke in between shifts. I highly doubt he has multiple stage N20. :tisk:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts