Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
04 CTS V (Then). 07 STS-V (Next), 11 CTS-V (Now)
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering a new STS-V. I have owned the CTS-V (2004) since it was new and really love the car. Has anyone here owned both cars, and can share your opinion. I know I will miss the manual trans, but other than that, I like the car.

Also, what good / bad traits do both cars share (wheel hop, etc)...

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
I had a 2006 CTS-V (LS2) and while I loved the car for the 11 months I had it, I started to hate the manual trans in stop and go L.A. traffic.

I love my STS-V because of it's added comfort level, aggressive looks, more advanced technological features and overall much better build quality.

I am almost at the 2500 mile mark (since February 7, 2007) and the car seems to be getting quicker as the engine breaks in. Since the day the car had 5 miles on it, I have been beating the living daylights out of it and it keeps asking for more. I feel that every new car that I get should have a proper introduction to my foot and the real world.

I haven't experienced wheel hop like what my CTS-V had. The CTS-V and STS-V are two totally different cars that feel and drive completely different from each other. I can tell you that I really don't miss my CTS-V and I love driving my STS-V everyday.

I get a lot of attention in the STS-V over the CTS-V. Since the STS-V is a very limited car, most people haven't seem them. Heck, here in L.A. I have only seen a handful in the last year and a half since the STS-V came out. And L.A. is the car capital of the world where nobody will look at you unless you have a Lambo, Ferrari, or any other really expensive exotic car. The STS-V is a very exclusive car and that is what I love more about it. Nobody else really has one. Look at the number of STS-V owners that are present here on a worldwide internet forum. Not many.

SG

·
Registered
2007 stsv. 2005 ctsv(r.i.p)
580 Posts
loved both cars, interior and extras goodies are no comparison on the stsv. even though I live in Los Angeles I personally miss the 6 speed on the ctsv. my whole intention was to get the stsv on a two year lease, and once the 09 ctsv comes out im jumping into that...BUT DEFINITLY WORTH EVERY PENNY!!

·
Registered
403 Posts
I've had both and Kadonnys write up hits it pretty well. In manual mode in the higher rpm range this car is a monster. Nice burnouts after you break it in and get a tune.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
If you need one let me know.. I want your business.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts