Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you are considering trading in their CTS-V for a 2006 Z06, you may want to wait till things cool off a bit. I just learned from a dealer employee that the local DC metro area Chevy dealer here in Northern VA sold their first Z06 for a mere $31,000 over MSRP. That's $102K for a Chevy.

This too shall pass....but that is a pretty amazing markup for any car......

·
Registered
52 Posts
6104696 said:
For those of you are considering trading in their CTS-V for a 2006 Z06, you may want to wait till things cool off a bit. I just learned from a dealer employee that the local DC metro area Chevy dealer here in Northern VA sold their first Z06 for a mere $31,000 over MSRP. That's $102K for a Chevy.

This too shall pass....but that is a pretty amazing markup for any car......
Lemme guess, Jim McKay Chevrolet? They were adding $10k onto 2003 Z when everyone else has below sticker. :rant2:

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
timmayz said:
Lemme guess, Jim McKay Chevrolet? They were adding $10k onto 2003 Z when everyone else has below sticker. :rant2:
Nope, but I am sure that they are right up there too. This was the other big Chevy dealer, with the pretty blond on TV promising that they are gonna "wow" ya........(I am not mentioning names becuase I might need them to help me with an "out-of-warranty" warranty claim on my Suburban.)

·
Registered
281 Posts
That sucks, but if someone is dumb enough to pay that then they deserve it. My buddy placed a deposit down on a new ZO6 and he managed a deal for MSRP...don't know the dealer off hand but could find out for any who's interested.

·
Registered
2007 Yukon Denali / 2009 G8 GT
347 Posts
I have no personal dealings with Les Standford Chevy in Dearborn, MI but they are called the "Corvette King" as they have many on hand and will probably make you a good deal. They are on the Corvette Forum and I know Rick is the contact.
You're right, if someone choses to pay that much over sticker, they deserve it. What a moron.

·
Registered
none
16 Posts
i wouldn't pay that much over msrp for a car either, but if someone is willing to and wants the vehicle how does that make them a moron? seems to be simple supply and demand to me.

·
Registered
2007 stsv. 2005 ctsv(r.i.p)
580 Posts
ditto on paying over msrp...no way!! im thinking to get a used one at the end of my lease...should pick up and 06 at the end of 07 for around 55-60k....

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
heavymetals said:
I was considering one, but the dealers here want a $15k premium:thehand:

Was more cost effective to install a maggie on my C5 Z06.:thumbsup:

Now the biggest decision of the day is which one I drive.

"The only way to have the best of both worlds is to have both" :D

Someone--anyone--please---just smack this man!! :D

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Yep, just wait a few months after the "I must have the first one" people buy theirs. Remember the 04 GTO when it first came out. I know one guy that paid $38k when it came out, only to see ones on the lot for $26k later that year.

·
Registered
300 SRT8, 392 cubic inches of tire smoking power!
8,189 Posts
1990 ZR1 Corvettes brought $100,000 for the first cars, $40,000 over sticker.

As they say in the car business...There is an ASS for every seat.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
just saw the first Z06 delivered to our neighboring dealership. Sunset orange,..badass car.

Not sure if any of you are familar with the exhaust systems on these cars but, the vacum/RPM activated mufflers are crazy! When you start the car, the doors close,...causing the car to be very very very quiet.... you rev it,...moderatly and its still quiet,....you CRACK it, around or over 400rpm....those doors OPEN up,....and wow!!!...if your not ready for it,...it may give you a jump.

It sounds pissed off.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts