Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
Score one more for the Vagon.

Thanks for sharing the video.

·
Registered
12 CTS Coupe Premium/Touring, 16 Volt, 13 911s, 07 Legacy GT Wagon
1,802 Posts
Loved this video but what does it prove?
How can it be considered a win when its Drag Radials vs Street Tires?
I'd be more impressed to see a narrow loss than a win with an unfair tire advantage.
Then again it could probably be justified, since the V wagon could carry a set of Drag Radials with it anywhere it goes.

·
Registered
2011 V-Coupe (600+rwhp) ; Black Raven, Manual, Recaros
651 Posts
Loved this video but what does it prove?
How can it be considered a win when its Drag Radials vs Street Tires?
I'd be more impressed to see a narrow loss than a win with an unfair tire advantage.
Then again it could probably be justified, since the V wagon could carry a set of Drag Radials with it anywhere it goes.
Come on, the Porsche turbo has AWD so it's fair IMO. I think the Hennessey 650 package only consists of a CAI, pulley, and exhaust. I think the video is awesome, great job....

·
Registered
CTS-V 2009 White Diamond, 996TT Silver, G35 Coupe 6mt, M45S
413 Posts
The Wagon's motor is going to last maybe 1-2 year, the Porsche is going to run for the next 20 ....
Don't even ask which one stops faster and makes quicker lane changes.

·
Registered
651 Posts
The Wagon's motor is going to last maybe 1-2 year, the Porsche is going to run for the next 20 ....
Don't even ask which one stops faster and makes quicker lane changes.
Lol... should we be surprised that a Porsche turbo handles better and stops faster than a 4400lb V-wagon? The video was supposed to be entertaining showing a Cadillac Wagon beating a 911 Turbo in a straight line. It's pretty impressive that a V2 (sdn,cpe,wgn) with 550rwhp (9.5" pulley, CIA, and tune for $2000) will beat some of the fastest cars including that Porsche Turbo. Btw, I had a 911 Turbo and loved it but I also love my v-coupe and it's faster and more practical.

Lol and why will the V-wagon's motor last only a year or two?

·
Registered
13 Volt, 2008 Outlook XR (05 CTS Blk/Blk Traded-in)
662 Posts
Curb Weight:
Cadillac CTS-V Wagon 4473lbs (with Groceries)

:rofl:

Sound from inside the 997 - "Please don't beat me in a .. Wagon, PLEASE don't beat me in a ... Wagon"

·
Registered
11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma
2,997 Posts
Cool Video! That V sounds pretty mean coming at ya.

·
Registered
CTS-V
1,192 Posts
Modified vs Stock

In this case it's not too bad because even after modding the V wagon you're still well below the cost of a new 997 turbo. Although in everday driving conditions (i.e. no drag radials) I think a V wagon with 550rwhp would lose from a stop to a 997.2 TT auto (with launch control enabled).

I've driven the 997.1 TT with a 6spd a few times, and it was ok (on public roads) - I'd rather have any version of the V.

·
Banned
2009 CTS-V, 2007 Z06
2,843 Posts
Great video!! ;)

Curious why one poster thinks the v's motor will only last a year... many run that same mod since 09.... that's 3 years last time I did math.

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V / 2015 Porsche Cayenne
725 Posts
Stock cts-v will destroy the new Cayenne TT
I wouldn't say destroy, maybe edge it out, new Cayenne turbo runs a 12.4 @ 113MPH quarter. Not bad for an SUV... The 911TT has never been a quarter mile terror either, but this was fortunate that this one was stock, there is a nice quarter mile times list on 6speedonline, running in the 8's anyone? Would be nice to see the results of the race if it were continued lets say another half mile.

·
Registered
(V)icious Coupe
709 Posts
^ What he said...lol

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
816 Posts
I wouldn't say destroy, maybe edge it out, new Cayenne turbo runs a 12.4 @ 113MPH quarter. Not bad for an SUV... The 911TT has never been a quarter mile terror either, but this was fortunate that this one was stock, there is a nice quarter mile times list on 6speedonline, running in the 8's anyone? Would be nice to see the results of the race if it were continued lets say another half mile.
Not sure that's so true anymore, although I agree that's not its main mission in life. I could have sworn I saw a somewhat recent auto mag where a new, bone stock TT911 ran the 1/4 mile in 10.8 @ ~129. Not too bad.

http://www.caranddriver.com/var/ezflow_site/storage/original/application/f402b130222e6f98ef15ba1165617301.pdf

Amazing. Unfortunately out of my price-range, but I'd love to own one someday.

The results in this video don't surprise me. Take away the Wagon's weakness (traction) by bolting on some DRs and add a few choice mods and we all know what these cars are capable of. I know I've surprised more than one 911 on the road with my car.

·
Registered
651 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
816 Posts
Not that it makes much of a difference, but that is the new 911 Turbo S which is faster than a regular 911Turbo.
Yes I'm aware it was an "S", impressive (and expensive) nonetheless. That's not taking anything away from the Vagon. :)

A GT-R or 911 TT will be in my driveway one day.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts