Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday the local Cadillac dealership performed the recall on the rear differential in my new to me 2014 CTS V sport. Now I have a bad vibration while accelerating between 35 and 55 mph. The vibration was not there before they changed the rear differential. As long as you are coasting, lightly accelerating or decelerating there’s little to no vibration. It only seems to happen when the driveline is under considerable load and only between 35 and 55 mph. I don’t mean you have to be accelerating hard, but just accelerating enough to keep up with traffic. I have an appointment on Monday morning to take the car back for them to check it out. They test drove the car after performing the recall and did not say anything about a vibration. There is no way anyone could drive this car and could not tell the vibration is there. I’m hoping they can find the problem and fix it fairly quickly.

Does anyone have any idea what Could be causing the vibration?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yesterday the local Cadillac dealership performed the recall on the rear differential in my new to me 2014 CTS V sport. Now I have a bad vibration while accelerating between 35 and 55 mph. The vibration was not there before they changed the rear differential. As long as you are coasting, lightly accelerating or decelerating there’s little to no vibration. It only seems to happen when the driveline is under considerable load and only between 35 and 55 mph. I don’t mean you have to be accelerating hard, but just accelerating enough to keep up with traffic. I have an appointment on Monday morning to take the car back for them to check it out. They test drove the car after performing the recall and did not say anything about a vibration. There is no way anyone could drive this car and could not tell the vibration is there. I’m hoping they can find the problem and fix it fairly quickly.

Does anyone have any idea what Could be causing the vibration?
Have them check the drive axles. I waited six months with the car at the dealer for the recall and less than 5 days after I got it back the attached happened.

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ouch! Did you have any vibration when accelerating or any noise or any signs of a problem after the recall was performed?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Took the car back to the dealership and they fixed the vibration today. They said it was the drive shaft was rotated 180 degrees when it was put back together. I guess it made it out of balance, but I would think that would have vibrated all the time and not just under load. Maybe they meant one of the drive axles. Either way it’s as smooth as ever.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport
908 Posts
With a vibration as bad as you described, I would have bet on a driveshaft completely out of phase... i.e. a 90 degree mistake, as opposed to a 180 degree.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts