Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2018 CTS
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone changed their speedometers to the CTS-V unit? I found a good price on a whole unit and thought it'd be cool to change mine over because of the TPMS and all the other features they offer. I know i'll have to put tire pressure sensors on my tires for the TPMS to work. But how hard is it to swap the units and how much does the dealer charge to change the miles to what your car actually has before switching units? If this all goes through, this means my nice CTS speedo will be for sale and I know 03'ers will be interested! If any of you guys would be interested after im done send me a pm.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
I am not sure it would work to be honest.
There are some software differences between them, the steering wheel controls won't work right, it takes more than the IPC to have TPM if the car wasn't built with it, I am sure it would fit right in and the gages might work but the rest of it will be all screwed up.
I'd recommend you just smash your hand with a hammer, it will be just as painful but it will take less time and money.
;)

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts
I'd recommend you just smash your hand with a hammer, it will be just as painful but it will take less time and money.
;)
:histeric:

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
cts front bumper cover & grille​

:v:
cts-V front bumper cover & grilles​

cts side(NOTE: FRONT FENDER)​

cts-V side(NOTE: FRONT FENDER)​

CTS gauge Cluster​

cts-V gauge Cluster (disregard radar detector display)​

i can see it now....
"RARE! 2006 WHITE DIAMOND cts-V for sale! with rare automatic transmission. VERY FEW EVER MADE!"

:2fiddy:

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
just pop the glass out and put a Vsticker on the speedo put it back and call it a day lol

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
I can see why someone might want the V cluster, it does have some nice features.
However... I really don't think it would work.

·
Registered
05 Redline CTS-V
8,439 Posts
its not the fact that he wants the V cluster (it is a much nicer looking piece in my opinion) its the combination that he's got a V bumper, has whined about getting V emblems before, has lied about having a V... its just a new "someone stole my embz" thread... and i LOVE it

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac CTS
39 Posts
If you don't like the look of your regular cts cluster you should look into getting a the sport cluster, it'll work on your vehicle, looks better, and it won't make you a fake. Good luck

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
There is no sport cluster....

You have 3 guage pods.
03-04ish... (orange lighting, no chrome rings or trim)
ish04-07...(white lighting, chrome trim)
and then the V guages

Im looking at doing this right now, and Ill be sure NOT to tell 250 whenever I figure out how to do it.

I want this so I can install the NAV and not lose my TPMS. The problems arise becuase the non-V NAV doesn't support TPMS, but the V gauge pod does. In the CTS, the TPMS is shown in the DIC, and Ill lose the DIC if I install NAV.

Thats why the sport package with TPMS was never offered with NAV.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
I never paid that close attention, all I ever really noticed is that '03 has a worthless clock that doesn't function properly. The '04 cluster gives you an extra gage without any fuss and gets rid of the clock.

The main issue would be that there is more to controlling the cluster than just putting it in the car.

You cannot control the display on the cluster gage pods without the correct steering wheel controls, which means you'd have to swap out the steering wheel and hope the radio reads the new resitances properly.
The radio has to have a "setup procedure" done with the Tech 2, the scan tool scans the other modules for the VIN and identifies to the radio if it is installed in a V or not, and if it isn't the buttons still won't work right either.

As I said, if someone wants to undertake this project, I wish them all the best... however I think in the end they'll end up with a lot less money and the same cluster they started the party with.

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac CTS 3.2L 5sp Black
7 Posts
How about swapping an 04 cluster with the standard 05 cluster? Is it a direct swap? I don't want/need the v cluster, but would be nice to upgrade to the 05-07 cluster with the chrome rings.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
yep, a lot of members have done that.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
I am pretty sure that is doable, you just have to ship it to Specmo (or an authorized service center) to have them update the mileage on the odometer.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,785 Posts
i have an '03 CTS and i heard you could swap out the cluster for a newer one. What years would work? 2005 2006 2007?
You will need a 2004 to 2007 CTS cluster. Don't use a CTS-V due to certain issues that some have seen since this thread was made.

It is however, plug and play. Except with the mileage, as ewill has said. You'll need to send both cluster to Speco to sync the mileages.

KOT

·
Registered
2003 CTS
2,339 Posts
what he said, except i didnt have to send both clusters. filled out a mileage sheet that they emailed me and that was all there was to it. and it looks a helluva lot better too

You will need a 2004 to 2007 CTS cluster. Don't use a CTS-V due to certain issues that some have seen since this thread was made.

It is however, plug and play. Except with the mileage, as ewill has said. You'll need to send both cluster to Speco to sync the mileages.

KOT

1 - 20 of 22 Posts