Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11,694 Posts
gothicaleigh said:
No.
The V is a pure performance car. As such, I am willing to bet you will never see an automatic.
Agreed...

MAAAYBE just maybe if it proves hugely successful they will get smart and put in an SMG option like the Pontiac GXPs (which duh this is the car for it not the damn Pontiacs) and the M3, which would just make it even more killer if properly executed, but I doubt you ever see a full auto,it would be an immense weak link between you and the cars performance potential.

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
BUILDINGCTSAMG said:
i will make one muhahahahaha
Of course AMG will build one to prove me wrong, but I figure it's going to be a couple years before he gets it accomplished, so for the time being, only manual. :p

·
Registered
363 Posts
No V but at SEMA GM showed a possible CTS model that is above the regular CTS and below the V and has an automatic. I think it was turbo or supercharged.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Yeah supercharging and turbocharging is always an option.....i dont think the regular automatic transmission can handle that kind of stress.....hence if ur gonna upgrade the transmission, u may as well do an engine swap while ur at it.....i saw a cts engine selling for 1,600 on ebay the other day so how bad could a slightly wrecked cts-v engine be???

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
If the car is successful, I predict they'll offer an automatic because so many people want it and/or can't drive manual. In the current Corvette coupe & vert, the auto is standard and the 6 speed manual is a $900 option. 68% of 2003 Corvette coupes & verts were auto.

·
Registered
543 Posts
c5 rv said:
If the car is successful, I predict they'll offer an automatic because so many people want it and/or can't drive manual. In the current Corvette coupe & vert, the auto is standard and the 6 speed manual is a $900 option. 68% of 2003 Corvette coupes & verts were auto.
I like the idea of the new six speed auto and tap shift.

·
Registered
139 Posts
CTS V does not have auto transmission. And as for now, there is no plans for it.

btw. i would like to say hi since im new to the board =)

·
...Reloaded
1,698 Posts
evo said:
CTS V does not have auto transmission. And as for now, there is no plans for it.

btw. i would like to say hi since im new to the board =)
Hey evo - Welcome to the CadillacForums! Do you think they'll put the LS7 into the CTS-V next year?

Thanks for registering... :welcome:

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
c5 rv said:

An automatic has never been offered for the Z06. I would be very surprised if they allowed one in the V.

CTS is to Corvette (standard versions)
V is to Z06 (performance versions)

·
Registered
139 Posts
cts-v is equipped with the corvette z06 engine, the LS6, that's all i know so far.

·
Registered
543 Posts
BUILDINGCTSAMG said:
btw all amgs come only in automatic...
i would of edited my last post but i wanna hit 700 soon!
There is talk on another website of the LS2 Vette having an automatic option.

·
Registered
21 Posts
GM doesn't have a automatic transmission that can handle 400hp. The new A6 should be able to handle that kind of power but it's a year or two away from being ready. A4 in the C6 is just a temporary solution untill A6 is ready.

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
darrelld said:
There is talk on another website of the LS2 Vette having an automatic option.
The LS2 'vette is the standard 'vette engine now (2004). It will be offered with an automatic. The coming LS7 that will be put in the performance version (Z06 or whatever the new name will be) won't have an automatic. The replacement V won't have an auto (I predict that the only trans that will ever be offered besides a manual would be a manu-matic(or whatever GM will call it)).

If you can't drive stick or don't want to be bothered by it there is always the upcoming 300hp CTS Sport.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.