Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where i can purchase a set of Recaro seats for my 2011 V sedan? Does Recaro sell them direct? I went to my local dealership who advised that they can only purchase parts of the seat, not the entire seat. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Rich

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,536 Posts
I tried to find Recaro seats for my V sedan for the entire nearly four years I owned it.

The seats are not available for new purchase anywhere, not from GM, not from Recaro, not from anywhere. Recaro designed them, Lear (the same company that makes the stock CTS seats) makes them. Give up on new parts now, they do not exist outside of the factory.

There are seats available from crashed Vs in various junkyards/pick-a-parts. The seats are direct bolt-in. However, to make it truly functional, you must also have the center console pieces appropriate to the Recaros (heated and cooled seats as opposed to the regular seats, only heated). It is pretty much a full-time job to find the seats and snatch them up before someone else does.

The easiest and best way to get Recaros in your V is to trade it in, which is what I ultimately did, and it was a good decision--those Recaros are pretty darned good!

·
Registered
2010 TG sedan, 6A,LPE 650, and a few more mods.
498 Posts
Perhaps go to the Recaro website and take a look at some of their offerings.

You could get a pair of very nice seats, have some embroidery done, if you want the V logo, and even have a good interior shop install them, if you don't want to do it yourself. As for controls, perhaps on the seat (for heat and cool), or fab something up or integrate into some OEM switches.

----------

Unless you really feel you need the Cadillac spec'd seats, don't limit yourself, there are some great options, and they may be better seats, for less.

·
Banned
STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....
3,387 Posts
Hello Rich,

We have some take out seats for sale if you are interested. Give us a call. We have the Ebony & Shale color recaros with low miles. 562-595-8518 / office

Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Does anyone know where i can purchase a set of Recaro seats for my 2011 V sedan? Does Recaro sell them direct? I went to my local dealership who advised that they can only purchase parts of the seat, not the entire seat. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Rich

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,536 Posts
Hello Rich,

We have some take out seats for sale if you are interested. Give us a call. We have the Ebony & Shale color recaros with low miles. 562-595-8518 / office

Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac
Where were you two years ago, bro? :) j/k At least the OP will get some seats in great condition. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~
1,744 Posts

·
Registered
2012 cts- v
31 Posts

Rich
What color are your seats, i might be considering a trade. I have a 2012 sedan with recaros. I dont like the seats at all. i recently stared a thread on this topic you can search it. it was a few weeks ago. A lot of people seem to love the seats but with me they kill my back. some say i have back problems and its not the seats but i have 5 other cars and dont have this problem. Did you sit in them? make sure you try to drive a car on a decent ride before you go through all this work.

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,410 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry for the ultra late response, but I'm still looking for a set of Recaros. I had a set lined up and they turned out to be for a coupe. If anyone knows of any or is looking to trade mine are black and in good condition.

·
Registered
2013 CTS-V A6 Black Diamond Sedan
89 Posts
I don't want to derail this thread, but are there any adjustment/positioning guidelines for maximum comfort with the Recaro seats? I'm average height and weight, but I feel I'm not getting the most out of them.

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,410 Posts
I don't want to derail this thread, but are there any adjustment/positioning guidelines for maximum comfort with the Recaro seats? I'm average height and weight, but I feel I'm not getting the most out of them.
I hated the recaros in my sedan, but somehow love them in my coupe. I never felt like I could get my back deep enough into the seat. I do have a bit of an odd body type, with very broad shoulders and lats. I've found the only way I can feel settled in the seat is to totally deflate the side bolsters and press myself into the seat. I then adjust the bolsters from there. I also like the leg extension to catch me just behind the knee. I drove my V on the day of purchase 769 miles and 12 hours going from the dealer in Boston, MA to my home with absolutely no fatigue.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.