Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:thumbsup: Yesterday...."Team Cadillac" won the manufacturers race in Laguna, California. (It was the final race for the year).

The cars finished: 1st -- Papis#16; 2nd -- Angelelli#12; and
4th -- Pilgrim#8.

Andy Pilgrim was the overall Points leader for the year.

David Spitzer is the Manager of that team and has done a FANTASTIC JOB!!!:cheers:

BEST OF LUCK FOR NEXT YEAR!!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Re: CTS-V racing "TEAM CADILLAC"

Flyboy said:
:thumbsup: Yesterday...."Team Cadillac" won the manufacturers race in Laguna, California. (It was the final race for the year).

The cars finished: 1st -- Papis#16; 2nd -- Angelelli#12; and
4th -- Pilgrim#8.

Andy Pilgrim was the overall Points leader for the year.

David Spitzer is the Manager of that team and has done a FANTASTIC JOB!!!:cheers:

BEST OF LUCK FOR NEXT YEAR!!
Thats soo awesome man. Thats pretty much all I did all day sunday,,...was clean, and watch all the series races. Way to go Team COrvette for winning the Pit Crew Challenge, The MOBIL 1 move of the race,...and the 1-2 Victory. Way to go Team Cadillac for their victories! Talk about sweeping the field.

Nice post Jim,..forgot I even watched it.

J

·
Registered
1,121 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Personally, I am very pleased with the results, but very disappointed with the "race". They only raced for what...5 laps?...15 minutes?...Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

SCCA really needs to consider one (or more?) of the following;

Stop hindering the better car by overweighting them and restricting them. If your car ain't as good...go make it better then come back and try again.

Stop wasting 75% of the 1 hour time limit on Safety Car laps.

Develop some form of keeping the racing racing, not pushing your opposition off the track. (although I think if they went with my first idea, we wouldn't see this sort of tactic)

I'm glad they won, but I MUCH rather see the Caddy's and the Vette's just flat out whoop the Porsches and race each other flat out instead of having Lou Gigliotti accept team orders and stay in 2nd (Mosport) and block out a competitor and take a black flag for overall good.

Sad to say, but without running them off the track, the Porsches would have won the Manufacturer's Championship yesterday. In the end, that is good because I don't think the Caddy's should be weighed and restricted, but overall, I'd rather see a good, competetive race and lose than see what I've seen this season.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
04CTSVforMe said:
Personally, I am very pleased with the results, but very disappointed with the "race". They only raced for what...5 laps?...15 minutes?...Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

SCCA really needs to consider one (or more?) of the following;

Stop hindering the better car by overweighting them and restricting them. If your car ain't as good...go make it better then come back and try again.

Stop wasting 75% of the 1 hour time limit on Safety Car laps.

Develop some form of keeping the racing racing, not pushing your opposition off the track. (although I think if they went with my first idea, we wouldn't see this sort of tactic)

I'm glad they won, but I MUCH rather see the Caddy's and the Vette's just flat out whoop the Porsches and race each other flat out instead of having Lou Gigliotti accept team orders and stay in 2nd (Mosport) and block out a competitor and take a black flag for overall good.

Sad to say, but without running them off the track, the Porsches would have won the Manufacturer's Championship yesterday. In the end, that is good because I don't think the Caddy's should be weighed and restricted, but overall, I'd rather see a good, competetive race and lose than see what I've seen this season.
I hear you but,...to keep it competitive,...they have to add weight restrictions, and air intake restrictions,...etc etc. Otherwise,..smaller, lighter faster cars, would pull away most all of the time. I hear what your saying but,..it's just the way it is. It's in almost all forms of racing...:crying:

·
Registered
193 Posts
I know...I know...but just like Le Mans & the Audi R8's, if they Caddy's sweep the podium every race, then it is up to the Corvette's & Porchses to answer. This is just my opinion of how mixed-make racing should be.

Granted, there is one form of racing where they still go with the run what you brung....Formula 1. Ferrari dominated all of last year (& the year before & the year before...) and finally, the other teams have caught up and are competetive (partly due to Ferrari's arrogance of reusing last year's car)

Although...come to think of it....last year's F1 races were pretty damn boring too! lol

I think the GT racing is the best in the world, especially because of the cars invovled. I wish they'd double the race length to make it less of a sprint-style format or consider some of the other things I mentioned.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
04CTSVforMe said:
I know...I know...but just like Le Mans & the Audi R8's, if they Caddy's sweep the podium every race, then it is up to the Corvette's & Porchses to answer. This is just my opinion of how mixed-make racing should be.

Granted, there is one form of racing where they still go with the run what you brung....Formula 1. Ferrari dominated all of last year (& the year before & the year before...) and finally, the other teams have caught up and are competetive (partly due to Ferrari's arrogance of reusing last year's car)

Although...come to think of it....last year's F1 races were pretty damn boring too! lol

I think the GT racing is the best in the world, especially because of the cars invovled. I wish they'd double the race length to make it less of a sprint-style format or consider some of the other things I mentioned.

werd. Theres nothing like GT racing. I like a few years back,...the can am cars, or better yet LMP 900's. I miss the Ferrari 333sp...Dyson racings FORD riley and scott race car powered by a big V8. The PANOZ race cars,..LMP 900's and the esperante GTR. I grew up watching the old school GTP cars,..which at the time, and still in my mind, were awesome. Racing HAS changed alot but,...still my favorite. Can't tell you how many 24 hour races and 12 hour races we've seen. It's my goal to try and race in one of those classes in the future.

J

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Lets face it, with all the restrictions, if 1 car team dominates, it means the chips were stacked in their favor, especially when they come in 1-2-4 or similar in alot of races. The drivers are all pretty evenly matched. None of those cars are close to stock, so I just don't see the bragging rights. Put bone stock cars in there, with bone stock tires, add safety equipment and let them gut whatever they want from the car to get it to stock weight. If a car company wants to compete, they will be forced to build a better car.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
GNSCOTT said:
Lets face it, with all the restrictions, if 1 car team dominates, it means the chips were stacked in their favor, especially when they come in 1-2-4 or similar in alot of races. The drivers are all pretty evenly matched. None of those cars are close to stock, so I just don't see the bragging rights. Put bone stock cars in there, with bone stock tires, add safety equipment and let them gut whatever they want from the car to get it to stock weight. If a car company wants to compete, they will be forced to build a better car.

That would be GS class. AKA....GRAND SPORT. Also, great racing.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
What you need to realize is that the two Porsches pretty much took each other out. HUGE mistake on their part for the manufacturer's point race (and for Lidell's championship point race chance).

·
See you in the funny papers
26,239 Posts
LV_V said:
What you need to realize is that the two Porsches pretty much took each other out. HUGE mistake on their part for the manufacturer's point race (and for Lidell's championship point race chance).
Exactly. The only car I saw a CTS-V bump was when Angellelli spun the white Viper. The other Porsches were taken out by each other, and one tried to pass Gigliotti on the outside, only to get run up out of the racing line and passed by Papis.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
8 Participants
The Tony Show